We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Econo Lodge Brattleboro?

Alberta
Level Contributor
590 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Econo Lodge Brattleboro?

Hi, Everyone

I am planing on staying here soon and am wondering if this is a nice hotel. If you know some history of the motel could you please share it with me.

Thank, You

BTD

Vermont
Level Contributor
4,069 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Econo Lodge Brattleboro?

Isn't every Econolodge the same?

The ones that I've stayed at are sort of clean but mostly just inexpensive and run-down places. They are okay if you just want a place to sleep but not so great if you are looking for a really nice place to stay.

Boston
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Econo Lodge Brattleboro?

This econo lodge was pretty run down prior to it being purchased in 98 by an Indian family that also runs the Quality Inn across town (though if they still manage it I have no idea).

Since the change in ownership the outside appearance has shown a dramatic improvement though I’ve never seen the inside of one of the rooms. The downside of this motel is the location, you’re trapped between an ambulance company on one side, a 24-hour super market on the other, and interstate 91 on the third so noise might be an issue.

All and all a good enough place to sleep during the night, but don’t expect too much from it.

Boston
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Econo Lodge Brattleboro?

you'll also want to avoid the Lamplighter Motel. Just keep driving. We drove to Brattleboro for Labor Day weekend a few years ago without reservations and hopscotched along Putney Road looking for a vacancy. Drove up to the Lamplighter and saw shady looking characters hanging outside the place. Appears to be a fleabag motel.

Issaquah, Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Econo Lodge Brattleboro?

I stayed here the end of October. If you are looking for ambiance, this isn't the place, but if you just need a decent place to sleep, it works well. My room was fairly large, with a decent size TV. I found the location just of Exit 1 to be very convenient with a shopping mall and gas stations just down the street. Staff was pleasant and went out of their way to help me when the printer wouldn't print my boarding pass.

NYC
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Econo Lodge Brattleboro?

My sister goes to school here and I was dropping her off and looking for an inexpensive, clean place to stay. This is the place! The staff are very nice and accomodating, the price can't be beat and the rooms are fairly large and clean. Plus they include free internet access and printing (downstairs) and free breakfast. This isn't a box of donuts folks, they have a whole breakfast room with goodies comparable to many much more expensive places. I was pleasantly surprised and would stay here in an instant.