We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Fall folliage viewing north of Bennington

Which Bennington hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Best Fall folliage viewing north of Bennington

Hello experts,

Me and my husband have just decided to drive up to vermont this weekend to view fall colors. We recently moved from florida to new jersey and this is our first time fall experience. We plan to stay overnite in bennington or somewhere closeby, and drive up north to enjoy the scenic views. Need suggestions on the best routes to take, any lakes or waterfall etc.

Thanks.

Vermont
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
2,174 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Fall folliage viewing north of Bennington

EEEK. Make lodging reservations NOW (if you can find any availability). Please do not try and wing it accomodations wise.

Route 7a between Bennington and Manchester is pretty. There are some Southern VT folks who frequent this board so hopefully they will chime in.

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Fall folliage viewing north of Bennington

I know for sure there are no rooms at all in Chester area on Saturday night - but I did hear that there was some availability in Ludlow - check with the Chamber of commerce www.yourplaceinvermont.org. You could then drive up route 100 past the lakes - the foliage around there is beautiful today. Do book accommodation BEFORE you travel because its going fast and you don't want to have to sleep in your car as many find themselves doing.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Fall folliage viewing north of Bennington

Thanks VTer and Innvic.

Accomodation is definitely my concern and I'll book something before we leave. I'm able to find something in Ludlow area. Any suggestions for some area south where we can stay, and may find something available. We are just looking for a reasonable place to spend the night. Also any more suggestions on what else we could do around in that area other than driving on rt 100.

Thanks again.

Chester, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Chester, Ludlow, Vermont
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Fall folliage viewing north of Bennington

If you wanted to spend the night south then try south of the VT border for the best chance of affordable available accommodation. Try Greenfield MA or Keene NH.

P.S we had guests drive route 9 nr Bennington and its all at perfect peak today and the views from 100mile view ARE AWSOME (I saw the pics but sadly was stuck in the kitchen all day!)

5. Re: Best Fall folliage viewing north of Bennington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:30 pm, October 11, 2009