We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UPDATE on Dinosaur National Monument Quarry rebuild!

Roosevelt, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
UPDATE on Dinosaur National Monument Quarry rebuild!

The opening date for the quarry has been set for Tuesday, October 4th! That date is the 96th anniversary of the creation of the original 80-acre monument in 1915.

local news:

vernal.com/stories/…1502207

More information about the new buildings and dedication updates can be found at www.nps.gov/dino/parknews/grand-opening.htm

The news article mentions that if the buildings are finished early they'll begin using them to work out kinks. Ooh, I'm so excited!

Please remember, there is a fantastic ranger-led hike to see bones in situ until the re-opening in October. It may be the last chance to touch dino bone in formation! (I have a feeling they're gonna take that pleasure away from us in the new quarry~)

*Pixie*

Edited: 10:39 pm, June 01, 2011
24 replies to this topic
Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: UPDATE on Dinosaur National Monument Quarry rebuild!

Great to hear you've had a nice trip Franziska! Thanks for the feed back.

See you in 3 weeks Pixie ...

Groningen...
Level Contributor
658 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: UPDATE on Dinosaur National Monument Quarry rebuild!

You're welcome Tet14! I saw you already discovered the link to our trip report on the road trips forum. In case anybody else from the Utah forum is interested in our trip report, here is the link which will get you to our blog:

www.franziskaenklaas.waarbenjij.nu/…

Have fun!

Roosevelt, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: UPDATE on Dinosaur National Monument Quarry rebuild!

I enjoyed reading about your Harpers Corner adventure, but the next day (to Jackson) isn't in english. Did you get to see any dino bones or petroglyphs while you were here?

*Pixie*

Groningen...
Level Contributor
658 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: UPDATE on Dinosaur National Monument Quarry rebuild!

Hi Pixie,

You have to pick the post 'Grand Teton (English Version)' for the post about the day we drove from Vernal to Jackson, as the English version of this day is in a seperate post. And no, unfortunately we didn't get to see any dino bones this time. We just didn't have enough time to do both, the Harpers Corner Road in Colorado and the section with the dino bones in Utah. Maybe next time.

Reply to: UPDATE on Dinosaur National Monument Quarry rebuild!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted