We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi between Bryce Canyon City and Tropic

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi between Bryce Canyon City and Tropic

I am being dropped off In Bryce Canyon City but am planning to stay in Tropic seven miles away. Are taxis easily available in this area, and how much are they likely to cost for that trip?

Thank you!

17 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,871 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Taxi between Bryce Canyon City and Tropic

Good searching dez.

thonliestone,,,,I do hope you aren't under some impression that Bryce Canyon City is a city. It is not. It is a couple of hotels and some services that keep them running, like a gas station and laundromat.

If you have no transportation, and are there to see Bryce Canyon you should be staying at the hotels closest to the park. There is a park shuttle during the tourist season you can take into the park so you can visit it. There is a shuttle stop by Ruby's. It may be more expensive to stay there, but the only way you'll get from Tropic to the park is by some kind stranger picking you up.

We want you to be prepared and be able to enjoy your stay.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,518 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Taxi between Bryce Canyon City and Tropic

Where are your friends from Oklahoma going before and after Bryce? Rather than dropping you at Bryce, maybe they can give you a ride to the next town with Greyhound bus service . Bryce can be seen in a day.Just hate to see you stranded.

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Taxi between Bryce Canyon City and Tropic

Hey all, thanks for all your replies. I'm travelling on a hop on hop off bus pass with the Bundu Bus (run by Bundu Bashers). Unfortunately there were no seats left on the bus that goes straight from Bryce to SLC, so I'm travelling down to St. George one day and then back up to SLC the next! As I paid for a four day pass rather than separate legs it doesn't cost any more money.

I have also booked a room in Bryce canyon city- a bit more expensive than I planned for, but I'd rather be there than stranded in Tropic! Next time I'll get my act together a bit earlier, but it's a learning curve.

Thanks PicnPac, yes I'm glad I asked rather than just assuming or hoping for the best!

And thanks dez40, RedRox and Kbecjeans for your advice; I appreciate it!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,871 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Taxi between Bryce Canyon City and Tropic

I'd love to hear how your experience with Bundu bashers works. Let us know.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,518 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Taxi between Bryce Canyon City and Tropic

I would love to hear too! Please write a review when you get back. Have a good trip.

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Taxi between Bryce Canyon City and Tropic

Yes absolutely! Most of what I've read so far (review wise) has not been great, but the pass is booked now so I'll just see what happens, and report back.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,336 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Taxi between Bryce Canyon City and Tropic

I also will be anxious to hear about your experience. I must admit, I'd be very worried if i were you, especially if they already have your money.

Reply to: Taxi between Bryce Canyon City and Tropic
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted