We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doug's Country Inn

Richmond
3 posts
Save Topic
Doug's Country Inn

Has anyone stayed at Doug's Country Inn in Tropic before? If so, can you tell me your experience? How good or how bad it is. Are the rooms and linens clean?

I can't find any picture of this inn. What attracts us is its inexpensive rate and proximity to Bryce Canyon.

We are debating whether we should stay in the Country Inn or Bryce Valley Inn, which is more expensive. They are pretty close to each other.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
852 posts
488 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doug's Country Inn

hi

we tried to book this place when we were visiting the area last September. After two telephone calls where I was firstly put on hold for almost 20 minutes and a then asked to call later when "maybe then someone can help" and a second call when I was cut off I gave up. We did visit for dinner though when we arrived in Tropic and the food was inedible. My husband and I were seated at a booth then just as our meal arrived ,asked to move to a smaller table as a family of four had arrived. We really should have left then.

We eventually stayed at Bryce Canyon Inn which may be ok if you get a cabin, unfortunately we had a room, opening straight on to the street which didn't lock properly and to top it all a local stray dog scratchhing at the door

Tropic is certainly ok, distance wise for the canyon however the only place that looked ok for accomodation was the Bryce Valley Inn, which was next to the Hungry Coyote restuarant. The restaurant served pretty good food and we would recommend it, also spoke to visitors in the restaurant who were staying at Bryce Valley Inn and seemed happy with the rooms.

I hasten to add that despite my whines above we thought Tropic was quite unique and better than staying right at the Canyon!

Phoenix
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Doug's Country Inn

Hi,

Doug's Country Inn is now "The Country Inn Motel" and is under New Ownership. We stayed there a few years ago and I would agree with the previous post that it was not a good experience. We then had a friend inform us that they had stayed there in the spring of 2005 and that it was quite nice and that the management was very friendly and helpful. We stayed there in Sept of 2005 and had a very enjoyable time, the rooms were clean and staff was friendly. I would also recommed the Hungry Coyote a few doors down for enjoyable food. I found pictures and info at

http://www.country-inn-motel.com/

Orlando

Phoenix

Indiana
Level Contributor
8 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doug's Country Inn

We stayed at "Doug's" a couple of years ago. "Odd" would be the word I would use to describe it. Best to go somewhere else. Hope that if you already went, you had fun!!!

4. Re: Doug's Country Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, August 24, 2009