We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Snowbird

Austin, TX
1 post
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Snowbird

Hi folks. My fiance and I will be staying in a timeshare at the Cliff Lodge at Snowbird for our honeymoon (gift from my brother). Our wedding is July 22nd and we will be flying out the following day to Salt Lake City, then rent a car and on to Snowbird. We'll be there for 6 days.

I was hoping for some advice on activities. I would like to get out and explore so day trips would certainly be o.k. Restraunt/bar recommendations would be highly appreciated as well.

It would also be nice to hear from someone who knows about the resort. I just want this to be a very quiet and romantic experience for my wife and I. Thanks in advance for all of your help!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
687 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Snowbird

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. The Cliff Lodge is one of several accommodations at Snowbird. If you're staying there, hopefully you enjoy the great outdoors... There is a nice spa for pampering right there. Take the tram at Snowbird up to Hidden Peak to see incredible views at 10,000-11,000 feet. The Steak PIt has a romantic ambience with great steaks. Consider a day trip to Park City for unique shops and beautiful sight seeing. Check into the concert schedule for the week... there may be an outdoor Utah Symphony concert; walk the Red Butte Gardens. Some of the TA regulars who live in Salt Lake can give you a better idea of what is happening the week you're in town. Have a wonderful honeymoon!

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Snowbird

Congratulations! I got married in the Cliff Lodge and spent my wedding night there - 30 years ago. It's beautiful.

You will be arriving in Salt Lake the day before the statehood celebration on July 24th. It's called "Pioneer Day" here. Although I wouldn't call it "quiet" there will definitely be things going on! There are two rodeos, one in Oakley which is a little bitty town and a little bitty old fashioned rodeo. Oakley is about an hour drive from Snowbird. The other rodeo is the "Days of 47" rodeo in Salt Lake City. It's a big full blown rodeo with professional cowboys on the circuit.

If you're not the rodeo type - you can check out fireworks at several locations aruond Salt Lake City on the night of the 24th. Or...

The Utah Symphony performs in the summer at both Snowbird and Deer Valley (another ski resort near Park City). See the Utah Symphony website for details.

Red Butte Garden at the University of Utah has summer concerts outside on the grass. You may bring in your own wine and picnic dinner.

At Snowbird, one of the best restaurants is The Steak Pit. The Tram Room bar is fun because you can watch the gears of the tram while having cocktails.

Speaking of bars..the state liquor stores will be closed on July 24th, so if you want to purchase your own wine or liquor, best to do it the day you arrive before the liquor stores close (at 7:00 I believe). I'm quite sure there's a liquor store at Snowbird.

At Snowbird, you can ride the tram to the top of the mountain and then either hike or mountain bike back down. (Or, if you prefer, ride the tram back down). Near Snowbird is an area called Albion Basin which will have spectacular wildflowers near the end of July, depending on the weather.

You should definitely drive to Park City (25 miles east of Salt Lake on I-80) for a day. You can visit the Olympic ski jumps, ride a zip-line down the mountain, shop on historic main street, and eat in any of several really good restaurants. It's perfect for a romantic walk down Main Street in the evening, and an easy drive back to Snowbird.

In Salt Lake City, you might visit the Gateway shopping center. There's lots of easy parking. Many good restaurants are there - including Z-Tejas and McGrath's Fish House. There are upscale shops, an outdoor fountain, a planetarium, and good people watching. Nearby for sushi is "Ahh Sushi" sharing an old brownstone building with "Oh Shucks!" peanut bar and restaurant.

I hope this gives you a start! I'm sure other locals will chime in with more suggestions.

3. Re: Honeymoon in Snowbird

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 16, 2009
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now