We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling in July...

Edison, New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling in July...

How is July like in St. George? Is it so hot that it's unbearable? I am planning a trip for my parents' 35th (which is in July) and I've always wanted to go to Utah. I am contemplating between here or Salt Lake City in July.

Our inetersts are scenic driving and golfing.

Thanks for your input!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,559 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling in July...

Its hot in July in St George.

Its not really golfing weather anywhere including Salt Lake, where it will also be hot. But, not as hot as St George though of course.

But there are place around St George to visit like Pine Valley and Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon ect that would offer much better temps. But its still the middle of summertime everywhere, its not going to be cool.

Edited: 5:41 pm, April 12, 2014
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,810 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling in July...

Definitely hotter in St. George than Salt Lake City, but either way you'll enjoy a good time. You can deal with the heat in St. George by working time of day and avoiding hottest periods. Between the two, Salt Lake City would definitely be better temperatures. For sure, it's not too hot to golf in July in Salt Lake City. You have a wide range of options in the valley or cooler options in the mountains with close to a dozen courses in Park City and Midway.

If you have a choice in this, I would look more towards Park City/Midway - both just outside Salt Lake City - than St. George. If you do choose St. George, you have lots of great redrock options including Zion National Park. Park City/Midway will give you a great mountain resort experience with Park City just 35-45 minutes from SLC.

Have fun.

3. Re: Traveling in July...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 15, 2015