We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas at South Gate

Kootenays, British...
Level Contributor
405 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Villas at South Gate

We are considering a trip to St. George in late March and have a voucher for the 'Villa at Southgate'. I have been unable to find out anything about this on this site or elsewhere and I was wondering if anyone had any information or experience with this place.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,936 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villas at South Gate

The Villas are located on the Southern end of the valley in a residential area with not alot around it, so you would really need your own transportation to get around.

I dont really have any other info on them, except to say the area is a nice one with alot of homes in the area, so i dont believe you would have any worries there.

As far as the actual Villas, i cant comment as im not familiar with those specific Villas.

Here is more info on St George

There is plenty to do in the St George area, such as

Historic homes to visit

Tuacahn Amphitheatre.... is an outdoor threatre located against beautiful redrock cliffs

http://www.tuacahn.org/

Dinosaur Museum

Snow Canyon

Here are some photos of Snow Canyon and more info

stateparks.com/snow_canyon_photography.html

tripadvisor.com/…26321120

The Ivins Petroglphs..... are worth seeing as well here is a review as well as photos

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g57026-d1785…

…mac.com/venitar/…petroglyphs.html

And Zion National Park............ is deffinately worth a visit

zionnational-park.com/images/…index30.htm

Here is a list of top 10 things to do,

http://www.utah.com/stgeorge

Alot of the better area for eating are located across the valley on S. River Road area, and St George Blvd, but that would not be a long drive as the valley is quite small, perhaps 20 min from your location.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,871 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villas at South Gate

They are a little south of town and next to a golf course that has been hit with some flash flooding. Don't know what the current state of the course is.

They are a middle of the road facility. The rooms aren't huge, nor are they top of the line, but they are comfortable and cared for.

The pool is nice.

We've stayed a few times and been satisfied.

It is about an hour from there to Zion. It is about half an hour to Tuacahn and Snow Canyon. 15 min to the heart of St George.

Anything specific you are wondering about?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,871 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villas at South Gate

I've been doing that alot lately happytotrip....beginning before someone else and ending after they post.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,936 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villas at South Gate

Kbecjeans, no worries,

Im glad you have more info for the OP on those Villas, im sure that will be very helpful to them!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,936 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villas at South Gate

Btw, there is a good new small Bakery/Cafe in St. george called Kneaders Bakery that is good for freshly baked breads, very good desserts,( thier Rasberry Mousse Cups are very good!! although they dont have them all the time, they do take pre orders)

Its located on Bluff street about a 9 min drive from the Villas

Be prepared to wait a little if you are comming at a busy time of day such as lunchtime, they are very popular and busy most of the times i have visited.

Kootenays, British...
Level Contributor
405 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villas at South Gate

Great information! Thanks to both responders.

I had done a little research on the town and surrounding area but this certainly fleshes that out. The development sounds like it is acceptable as well.

We like hiking, biking and tennis when we travel. Would those be available in mid to late March (we enjoy cooler temperatures - Canadian eh!)?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,936 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villas at South Gate

Yes, March is usually very nice mild weather, although it can be rainy at times.

There are many people who bike, hike and run as well as alot of events around the area so there are plenty of dedicated biking and running trails.

I dont know what may be offered in the way of Tennis though.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,871 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villas at South Gate

oooh l love kneaders.

I wish I could remember if there was a tennis court on property, though you could probably find that out easy enough. If the golf course and bike trail have been repaired you have a nice bike/walking trail along the river from right by the condos.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
27,936 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villas at South Gate

sorry, need to redo a few of those links i posted.

For Snow canyon info

http://stateparks.utah.gov/parks/snow-canyon

For Ivins Petroglyphs info

tripadvisor.com/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

Colorado
Level Contributor
2 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villas at South Gate

We have a time share at the villas at southgate. Have been coming here for 20 years or so. They are older but in good repair. A solid three star resort. They are upgrading the club house and constantly working on something.

And they are close to everything. Right on the gold course. Near Zions, etc.