We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton Inn or Comfort Suites or La Quinta Inn

New Jersey
Level Contributor
68 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hampton Inn or Comfort Suites or La Quinta Inn

Any recommendations on the above. Looking for nice pool in St George area for family of 5 with breakfast. Does St George have a walking district? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,189 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hampton Inn or Comfort Suites or La Quinta Inn

the hampton inn would be on a busy street (for st george), but is located near shopping and alot of good restaurants.

the la quinta is too far out of town and is not rated here, and is close to the freeway, really by itself

the comfort inn is too close to the freeway for my taste.

you might also look at the town place suites st george, its in the same general area as the hampton, but is located farther up a small hill with a nice view.

if you want to stay on the east side of town i would recommend the best western abby inn, i had a very nice stay there, but it is not in a scenic area, and i would travel to the s. river road area for meals, as the restaurants are better in that area.

after looking at your other post, if you are comming in aug. i would not try to visit valley of fire or snow canyon, unless you wanted to just drive through, its just too hot, unless you went in the early morning hours

you could go to pinevalley, its about an hour north of st george, and would be nice weather, they have a nice trail called whipple trail that follows the creek that flows into the pine valley reservoir where you can fish.

ipicture.mobi/?d=1434617&s=UT&f=reservoir

you could maybe also see a show of some kind at night at the tuacahn amphitheater near snow canyon, its really a fun outdoor theater next to the red rock.

http://www.tuacahn.org/

here is a list of the top 10 things to do near st george.

http://www.utah.com/stgeorge/

New Jersey
Level Contributor
68 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hampton Inn or Comfort Suites or La Quinta Inn

I think Comfort Inn and Comfort Suites are two different facilities in St George.

Do you think Valley of Fire around 11AM may be too hot?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,189 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hampton Inn or Comfort Suites or La Quinta Inn

meant to say comfort suites, sorry to be confusing

the comfort suites on main st. is right next to the I-15 freeway. thats why i recommended the best western abby inn its in the same area, but farther away from the freeway.

yes, valley of fire by 11 am would be over 100 degrees or more by then.

Edited: 3:52 pm, July 20, 2010
4. Re: Hampton Inn or Comfort Suites or La Quinta Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, January 17, 2011