We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th July

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
4th July

We will be staying in Springdale 3rd & 4th July and would love to witness a 4th July fireworks display. I have posted a message on the Utah forum and I have been advised that St George make a real event out of it. Does anyone have any information on this years events? Location, time, details, etc?

I look forward to more information. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
28,864 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4th July

this is the only info i could find yet on the 4th of july in st george,

http://calendar.utahstgeorge.com/index.html

you may have to wait a month or so for more details to come out but there is a pretty big fireworks display at night in the middle of st george downtown.

St. George, Utah
Level Contributor
76 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4th July

Yes, every Fourth of July St George puts on a excellant fireworks display!!!

The fireworks start at ABOUT 10pm, directly after the KONY Country Showdown (a country singing competition held at the Sunbowl Stadium in downtown St George). You'll want to get downtown and pick out a good open spot fairly early, because the downtown area FILLS up with people looking for a spot to watch the fireworks pretty early.

Fireworks are set off from two locations: the Sunbowl (400 E 200 S), and the Pioneer Park area (the big red bluffs north of St. George).

The closer you can be to either, the better. Or pick a spot inbetween the two.

Downtown is hard to find a spot to watch because a lot of big trees block the views. Get away from streetlights as well.

If you attend the KONY Country Showdown, you will already have a seat right under the fireworks, and they darken the lights of the stadium right before the fireworks so that would probably be THEE best spot.

I always watch from the 5th District Courthouse parking lot at 200 N 200 E.

Hope all my blathering helped.

Enjoy :)

3. Re: 4th July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, October 25, 2009