We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown area?

Denver, Colorado
3 posts
Downtown area?

Over the next six months I'll be visiting a couple of times. Would like to stay in reasonably priced lodging within walking distance of shops& restaurants. Ideas?

2 replies to this topic
Toquerville UT
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
86 reviews
62 helpful votes
1. Re: Downtown area?

St George really isn't laid out for walking to shops, restaurants. Be sure to have a car and you'll be fine. I'm not going to suggest hotels, there are many, TripAdvisor should be a help. The upside is that St George is pretty easy to get around and even with traffic nothing is more than 10 minutes away.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
22,632 posts
454 reviews
196 helpful votes
2. Re: Downtown area?

Yah, St. George has a bit of an unusual and sprawling layout. There is no dominant central core. We've stayed all over town over the years. I had a conference a couple months ago and we stayed in the hotel area off River Road east of I-15. I was at Courtyard; it was fine. There are others. Pretty much quick serve and franchise restaurants nearby. We drove to dinner each night, generally to the area around St. George Boulevard and Main (Painted Pony was great). There's a Best Western near there and a whole strip of hotels on St. George Boulevard.

Have fun.

Reply to: Downtown area?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted