We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

running out of time-HOTEL HELP!

Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
running out of time-HOTEL HELP!

Need to know...

Hotel Park City or Sundance?

We have had a blessed year and have budgeted for "luxury", but can't seem to decide which type 'experience' we want. This is next week, so we are obviously not skiing...

Just would love any personal opinions, endorsements, and especially warnings about either of these properties.

This is a special occasion, and we want it to be something to remember.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Mentioned in this post
Sundance
Sundance
Wasatch Range, UT
Park City, UT
Level Contributor
355 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: running out of time-HOTEL HELP!

Hotel Park City is one of the best lodgings in town. It's not on Main Street, though, so you will have to drive if you go out. It is on the city golf course, and its spa is reputedly among the best. They have shuttles to take you wherever. September is not particularly busy, so getting around shouldn't be a problem.

I've never stayed at Sundance, but it is scenic and should be relaxing. I would suspect you might get a bit bored after a couple of days. It's relatively small.

Have you also considered Stein Eriksen's in Deer Valley?

Mentioned in this post
Sundance
Sundance
Wasatch Range, UT
New York
Level Contributor
151 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: running out of time-HOTEL HELP!

Sundance is great for a weekend, but pretty remote and not enough to do for any longer. Plus you will wind up eating there as there is nothing closeby. The cabins are lovely, but in a very cabiny style,I'm not sure if that's what you have in mind. I have never stayed in Hotel Park City, but had Thanksgiving there last year and it was lovely. Stein Erickson is also great. Hope this gets to in time and enjoy!!

Mentioned in this post
Sundance
Sundance
Wasatch Range, UT
3. Re: running out of time-HOTEL HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 21, 2009