We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is fast track recommended during Christmas week?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
2 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Is fast track recommended during Christmas week?

We have a party of 9 intermediate skiers and going to Park City for first time during Christmas week. Do you think we should go ahead to get the fast track? We are looking at the Costco lift vouchers and not sure if they can upgrade those to fast track.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,214 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is fast track recommended during Christmas week?

In general, I don't feel Fast Track is worth the money. If you use some savvy planning you can find your way around the mountain and avoid the most crowded lifts. That being said, if there's a time of year when it may pay off, the holiday period would be it. Don't know if you can upgrade Costco tickets, but don't know why you wouldn't be able to.

Do also look at liftopia.com prices.

Have fun.

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is fast track recommended during Christmas week?

Honestly, I've never found PCMR lift lines to be unbearable. Sure, sometimes you wind up at Silverload with a bit of a line, but it's never intolerable. Fasttracks will get you through a little bit faster at the base, but doesn't do a whole lot once the day is started.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
2 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is fast track recommended during Christmas week?

Thanks! A rep from PCMR called me back and told me the Costco tickets are not upgradable for fast tarck. But she also told me pretty much what you said about their lines. We have looked into the liftopia. It does limit you to the specific date that you buy in advance without flexibility to exchange. But if the lines do get intolerable, we will definitely buy through them.

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is fast track recommended during Christmas week?

Why don't you try stopping by a major ski shop in SLC on your way to Park City to purchase discount tickets? There are several that offer them. Or, you could try contacting a local PC concierge service. Coopers Cabin offers all kinds of deals on things - www.coopers-cabin.com

Plantation Florida
Level Contributor
485 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is fast track recommended during Christmas week?

I said something similar in another thread (Costco). Buy your tickets at Canyon Sports.

http://www.canyonsports.com/

You won't need the fast track thing. Everyone ends up at the Silverload lift, but it's not that bad. If you know how to ski around the mountain, you can avoid this lift. Bring up the map of Park City and study it.

Most people start at PayDay, and go up to Bonzana (far left side of map) This is the start of the Home Run trail. Go down HomeRun and stay to the right which leads to the Poneer lift. Take this to the top. Now ski down the right side of the map, which is Jupiter Access and Keystone. Take this down Thaynes Canyon to Motherlode or Kingcon lifts and repeat. You'll avoid the crowds doing this. In the morning you'll basically have these runs all to yourself.

If you do end up at Silverlode and there's a line, use the single rider line, even if that means splitting up for the chair ride up.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
2,954 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is fast track recommended during Christmas week?

I think a lot depends if you're in shape enough or have the desire to take advantage of fast tracks ...

if you're going to ski all day and want to get maximum number of runs in, great. Getting fast tracks and then spending half the day eating lunch or at the bar, seems like a waste IMO.

7. Re: Is fast track recommended during Christmas week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 12, 2014