We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PCMR vs. Canyons vs. Deer Valley

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chesapeake, VA
Level Contributor
148 posts
11 reviews
PCMR vs. Canyons vs. Deer Valley

Going to Park City March 20-25th. Want to ski all 3. I would appreciate any info on the pros and cons of each, and which ones should we do on the weekend versus the weekday? Thanks.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
1,679 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: PCMR vs. Canyons vs. Deer Valley

If you search "Deer Valley vs Canyons" in the Park City section of TA forum You will find this question has been asked and answered many times.

>>> Deer Valley limits ticket sales so it can be least crowded on busy weekends.

>>> No snowboarders at Deer Valley

>>> Best grooming and Deer Valley (IMO)

>>> Arguably the best food is at Deer Valley, if that is important to you.

If you have a car & depending on conditions, you may want to try Alta or Snowbird as they tend to get much more snow.

I'm sure others will chime in with their opinions but in the meantime check the historical Answers.

Also, if you don't have a Ski Resort condition app on your phone there are several, including Ski Report

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
13,748 posts
291 reviews
2. Re: PCMR vs. Canyons vs. Deer Valley

All three are worth skiing. Good notes so far. As noted, DV does limit lift ticket sales so tends to be better crowd wise but, frankly, I can't recall ever waiting more than five minutes in a lift line in the last 25 years. So don't make that a paramount point but DV might be a good Saturday choice.

I have a pass at all three but ski DV the most, Canyons next. I've really come to love Canyons but it does take a bit of learning to get the most out of the mountain.

Maybe hit different resort each of first three days then go back to the ones you enjoyed the most.

Have fun.

Chesapeake, VA
Level Contributor
148 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: PCMR vs. Canyons vs. Deer Valley

Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
11,873 posts
49 reviews
4. Re: PCMR vs. Canyons vs. Deer Valley

haven't skied C. believe that most people consider PC to be more difficult than DV. It is what I was told and my limited skiing at both tended to confirm that. Also, like Snowbasin alot. Lots of different terrain.

My 2 cents is that it takes time to learn your way around these places and when you find a great run, you often can't just take a lift back up but have to work your way back which opens more possibilities. Instead of always being lost or on new ground, it can make sense to get used to one place and really get to know it. Each of these is so big that you really can't figure them out in a day. (We got so lost at dv, that we didn't realize we had skiied PC for an entire afternoon). :)

5. Re: PCMR vs. Canyons vs. Deer Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:28 pm, June 07, 2013
6. Re: PCMR vs. Canyons vs. Deer Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 03, 2014