We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing in Brighton. Where else should I ski while there?

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Skiing in Brighton. Where else should I ski while there?

I am spending three days in a friends house in Brighton in a couple of weeks.

I'm an experienced skier and have skied Colorado and the Alps. Have never skied Utah.

Do I want to spend all three days skiing Brighton?

Is there somewhere I HAVE to spend a day skiing while I'm there?

Are there lift pass option where one pass will allow skiing in different areas?

(the place we're staying is on the mountain. Ski in-Ski out, so I know we'll be great. Just don't want to get home after and find out I "should have skied.....while I was there!")

Moab, Utah
Level Contributor
433 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing in Brighton. Where else should I ski while there?

If you have transportation you might want to spend a day at either Alta or Snowbird. Both offer more in the way of Big Mountain terrain.

That being said both of those resorts will get tracked out very quickly as opposed to Brighton where you can get fresh tracks all day.

Moved to SLC in 1997 and had a pass at all the Cottonwoods resorts. After sampling them all I now have a pass at Brighton.

No single pass for multiple resorts. You can get a discounted pass at the ski shop at the base of the Canyon.

alvinut
Level Contributor
266 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiing in Brighton. Where else should I ski while there?

Alta/Snowbird would be the obvious choice if you have a car and/or ride over there. Arguably the best lift served steep and deep anywhere.

You might consider a sol-bright pass that is good at both brighton and solitude. there is a trail that connects the two resorts. Honeycomb Canyon at Solitude is a good compromise if you can't (or even if you can) make it over to Alta/Bird.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,478 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiing in Brighton. Where else should I ski while there?

If you're already staying on hill at Brighton and only have three days, I wouldn't spend the time to go over to Little Cottonwood. Just enjoy the ski in/out at Brighton and maybe a day over at adjoining Solitude. If you want a special adventure, check out the Ski Utah Interconnect.

Have fun.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skiing in Brighton. Where else should I ski while there?

Have a day at Solitude. One mile away. Catch the ski bus there and back (five minutes each way). Enjoy!

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skiing in Brighton. Where else should I ski while there?

I'd do a day at Brighton, a day at Solitude and a day at Alta. Alta is really the ultimate in Utah skiing, and most of the serious powder hounds I know ski it almost exclusively. I consider the combo Brighton/Solitude and Alta/Snowbird passes overpriced gimmicks.

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
150 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skiing in Brighton. Where else should I ski while there?

bit of a drive, but if driving the best utah resort in my opinion is snowbasin, while best atmosphere is in park city

7. Re: Skiing in Brighton. Where else should I ski while there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 08, 2014