We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apres-Ski = What to do with Ski and boots?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Apres-Ski = What to do with Ski and boots?

I am heading to Park City next Friday the 8th and looking to enjoy some bars for apres-ski. My question is, if i am going straight to main street after skiing - what do i do with my skis and even boots (if i dont change into shoes)? Also - if i take the town lift from PCMR or even the Quit-n-time Run - i am still fully outfitted - what do i do? I have been looking into going to High West Distillery which is right by the lift. Thanks!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,464 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apres-Ski = What to do with Ski and boots?

Well, it's a problem. Where are you staying? You might want to make a stop back at the hotel/condo. For bars at the resort, it's not unusual at all to be in the bars with ski boots after skiing. It's a bit more unusual on Main Street, and you'll feel a bit uncomfortable at High West with ski boots. One alternative is to carry some slip on shoes in a backpack or parka, then just chuck your boots into a corner. I work in the sport and on occasion I do throw a pair of light closed-toe slip ons for situations where I want to get out of boots for a while.

Where are you staying?

Big snows over the weekend and more coming this week.

Have fun.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Apres-Ski = What to do with Ski and boots?

We are staying at Crescent Ridge. Saw the big snow - hoping for another dump next week before we come!

So if we do go straight out, and change into boots - think we can toss our skis somewhere? I figure you are right, at the base of the mountains we can just leave our skis in a rack not far away.

3. Re: Apres-Ski = What to do with Ski and boots?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 30, 2014