We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sundance shutout... where else to stay?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Sundance shutout... where else to stay?

I'm going to be in Salt Lake for a conference next week and have two weekend nights free, so thought I'd head up to Park City - but there's not a reasonably priced room to be had. Is there a town on the way to Park City from Salt Lake, or somewhere nearer PC than SLC where I might find a place to stay for two nights?

Thanks!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,955 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sundance shutout... where else to stay?

Downtown SLC to Park City is only 30-35 minutes. There is no town in between. It's an easy commute for skiing. If you do want to re-locate up to Park City, check the chain hotels near the I-80 junction like Hampton, Best Western, Holiday Inn Express. Also look at Newpark Resort in same area. First weekend of Sundance I can understand, but second weekend should be available.

Having nothing to do with Sundance, it's definitely going to be more expensive in Park City on any weekend. So if you are already situated in SLC, I would just stay there and commute.

Have fun. Huge storm coming in.

New York
Level Contributor
381 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sundance shutout... where else to stay?

Storm? Do you know when and will it effect flights in and out of SLC?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,955 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sundance shutout... where else to stay?

Pretty rare that the airport is closed. But we do have a storm coming in right now (and I'm flying this morning) through Friday night, Saturday morning. Keep an eye on it but wouldn't worry too much. Now that I re-read your post, I see you ARE hitting opening weekend of Sundance which is definitely a town filler. Good news, though, no one will be on the slopes - one of slowest times of years for skiing.

Have fun.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sundance shutout... where else to stay?

What about heading to ski near Ogden instead?

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sundance shutout... where else to stay?

You might try huber city or midway

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
401 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sundance shutout... where else to stay?

I live in Salt Lake. Locals ski in the Cottonwood Canyons: Alta, Solitude, Brigthon, Snowbird. They are located just 30 minutes from downtown Salt Lake. I prefer it to anything in Ogden.

florida
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sundance shutout... where else to stay?

Hello,

When are you going to Park city. My rental house is available for the 2nd half of sundance

www.vrbo.com/169762

its a 4/4

Check the calendar for upto date availablilty.

Or give me a call my cell phone is listed on the property

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sundance shutout... where else to stay?

I'm here now and we ended up just staying in Salt Lake. Will drive up to ski Deer Valley tomorrow.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,955 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sundance shutout... where else to stay?

Have fun, skiing is great.

10. Re: Sundance shutout... where else to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 22, 2014