We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newpark?

League City, TX
Level Contributor
116 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Newpark?

Looking at staying in Newpark over Spring Break (3/9-3/14).

Question - Is Newpark on a bus line? We will likely rent a car, but hate driving too much.

Not real crazy about being off the resorts, but the pricing for lodging slopeside is pretty steep....

Unless, I am missing something - Is there any slopeside, ski in/ski out, or walkable lodging in the PCMR or Canyons area in the $250-$300 range? I sure haven't seen anything.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,907 posts
428 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newpark?

Newpark is fantastic. In many ways, I suspect you may like it out there even more than resorts. It's directly on the bus line to the resorts (and actually to Salt Lake City, as well). It's an anchor resort in a major entertainment and shopping complex. You have a dozen restaurants including Maxwell's (pizza and sandwiches) right in the hotel. The hotel itself is great. I do recommend spending a couple more dollars to get a larger room if you can.

$250-300 is probably on the low side for ski in/out. Check places like Sundial at Canyons, as an example. Silver Star is also worth checking at PCMR but probably won't be that low as units are larger.

Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Silver Star at Park City
Silver Star at Park City
38 Reviews
Park City, UT
Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
629 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newpark?

I agree that I think Newpark is great. New, fun, vibrant area.

Just to add one more...the Red Pine Condos in the Canyons while not ski-in/ski-out are VERY reasonable. They are older, individually owned condos and many of them are listed on vrbo.com, so you really need to check and ask questions about the renovation status on each of them. While you have to do a little walking from the slopes, with the people mover you can make sure you only walk downhill, and then ride the people mover "up." :)

3. Re: Newpark?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, December 15, 2013