We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Round Valley Mountainbiking

Miami
Level Contributor
306 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Round Valley Mountainbiking

Since snow is poor and temperatures are warming, has anyone mountainbiked in Round Valley lately? There is access right near the ice rink. Don't know about conditions.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,962 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Round Valley Mountainbiking

Well, today would have been great. But looks like weather is changing. Big wind tonight, snow back in forecast. In any case, my office overlooks the Round Valley trails. I've not been out yet myself but heard it's OK. Haven't seen a lot of bikes. Just talked to a friend who rode Glenwild today and said it was fantastic. I was gone for the little flurry we had last week, but generally we've been devoid of snow around our office for last two weeks and it dries pretty quickly up there with constant sun.

House guests were at DV today and said skiing was actually pretty good once you figured out where to go and where not to go.

Good luck.

Miami
Level Contributor
306 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Round Valley Mountainbiking

I am coming tomorrow for ten days. Expect to ski a bit but saw that it was going to be warm Monday and Tuesday. Thought that I would take the bike out and get in some easy riding on Matt's Flat.

Tumbleweed, since I know that you are the "minister of information" in Park City I would be interested in in your thoughts regarding a couple of day trips to take during our stay. I was going to rent ATV's in Heber one day and also go fly fishing. We have a car out there. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,962 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Round Valley Mountainbiking

The best trails down there would be going up along the ridgeline to the west of Midway. You can access from Cascade Springs or Snake Creek Canyon. I was out there two days ago and seems like the snow is totally gone at lower elevations. I'm GUESSING that you would have easy access from the Cascade Springs side, not so sure about Snake Creek which is more shaded. A super fun ride is dropping down to the west into American Fork Canyon. But I'm thinking you may run into snow. Check with the ATV guides. We may run one of our Jeeps up there on Sunday if it's nice.

Daniel's Summit is another option but they definitely still have too much snow up there. Check with the ATV folks.

If you're looking for a fly fishing guide, Justin at Utah Pro Fly Fishing is great and he hangs out here.

http://www.utahproflyfishing.com/

On the biking, just keep an eye on the weather. House guests said Empire is closed. They found it all pretty good today on both Flagstaff (except Hawkeye) and Baldie. Windy. I may get out with the Friday but have to get down to Moab at some point this weekend to rescue one of our broken Jeeps.

Have fun.

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
321 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Round Valley Mountainbiking

My husband has been biking at Round Valley a couple of nights this week and said most trails are snow free and dry (but not quite all). He said there have been a quite a few others out there and he really enjoyed it. If the bit of snow that is predicted to fall tonight happens that might change the situation for a few days but the last dusting didn't take much time to disappear.

5. Re: Round Valley Mountainbiking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, June 19, 2013