We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

park city summer trip with 3 teenage boys

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jackson
3 posts
Save Topic
park city summer trip with 3 teenage boys

I'm hoping to avoid the beach this summer and am considering a weeklong trip to Park City with my family. What activities do you think my boys (10, 13, 17 years) would enjoy in the Deer Valley or Park City area?

Park City, Utah
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: park city summer trip with 3 teenage boys

Golfing, mountain biking, hiking, fly-fishing, boating or rafting, Zip riders at the Park City Mountain Resort or The Utah Olympic Park. Alpine Slide at PCMR. There are many things to do in Park City in the summer. We have a skate board park and ice-skating rink.

Newport Beach, CA
Level Contributor
327 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: park city summer trip with 3 teenage boys

We spent 3 weeks in Deer Valley last summer and had a great time. For one week, we had boys ages 8, 12, 14 & 16. We fly fished twice through Jans (our guide was Wis), we did the alpine slide & zip line at Park City, we watched the aerial ski jumping demo at the Olympic Park. This summer my kids want to take the class there and try it themselves! We did lift-served mountain biking at Deer Valley twice. It's harder & scarier than I thought, but tons of fun and provides beautiful views and photo ops. This year I'll buy some body armor, though. We went horseback riding at Park City one day, and did a ride and cookout dinner in a nearby canyon one night. Things we didn't do but will this summer are the biathlon course at Soldiers Hollow (bike ride on trails and then target shoot), and take the Heber Valley RR. One day we drove to Mirror Lake, which took a couple hours, but was worth it. We just wished we'd taken our fishing gear. We also drove to Sundance (less than an hour) for a pretty walk and a good lunch. I think you'll have a great time. Also, the spa at Hotel Park City is good, and the restaurants are great!

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: park city summer trip with 3 teenage boys

In the first week of August there's the Park City Arts Festival. There are two ways to look at this: 1) an opportunity for girl watching, lots to do 2) big crowds. If you are going to be here at that time, be sure to book a hotel right away.

If you're going to be here around the fourth of July, Park City has great fireworks.

There is also a music festival in the summer. Sorry I can't give you dates but it shouldn't be too hard to find out.