We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park City Family Ski Trip Report 2/21-2/25/12

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
129 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Park City Family Ski Trip Report 2/21-2/25/12

There's a lot to mention, so I'll just keep to the facts and highlights. If anyone has specific questions, just respond.

Family ski vacation Mom, Dad, 15 and 13 y/o.

First time to Park City 2/21-2/25/12

Viti Transportation to/from SLC to Park City Marriott. 1/2 the price of the others I looked at. They were professional, friendly and on-time. Certainly would use them next time.

Park City Marriott -nice, clean, very friendly staff. Free shuttle to/from skiing or main street in the evening. Reasonable prices.

Location not the greatest, as we could not walk to the resort or Main Street. I would have liked to be able to walk to one or the other.

PCMR (2.5days) is a fantastic place to ski. If you are an avid skier, this is Disneyland. Lots of varied terrain. lots of steeps and lots of glades. It was simply a blast for all of us. I can't say enough about this place.

The Canyons (1 day) is also fantastic. Much different than PC, as it seems more spread out and the trails isolated from one another. Large percentage of difficult trails. *Important note for day skiers (anyone not staying at a Canyons hotel) they do not accommodate you very well. There's no 'base lodge' to dump your stuff and put on your boots. There's only a small locker room and you need to drop 10 bucks in a machine to store your bag or lunch. *Tip -If you pack your lunch, carry it to one of the on-mountain lodges, because it's very time-consuming to get back to the base area at lunch time.

The only restaurant we visited worth mentioning was Bandit's on Main Street. Very good southwestern food, great service and reasonable prices.

Regarding lift tickets,we purchased in advance on Liftopia and saved a fair amount of money. But, we were approached 3-4 times by bellman trying to sell for guests that couldn't use pre-purchased tickets due to various reasons. Also one time by someone at the mountain that had extra group tickets. I may not buy in advance next time, or maybe not buy all our tickets in advance.

All-in-all an awesome ski vacation. Park City is great with the 3 resorts a very short drive, (10-15 min) you can mix it up as we did. A very memorable family ski trip.

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Park City Family Ski Trip Report 2/21-2/25/12

Great review. I'm from Park City and have skied both resorts and he summed them both up very good. Another great place to eat is El Chubasco, this is a locals favorite.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park City Family Ski Trip Report 2/21-2/25/12

Great review , thanks !

Did you do the PC or Canyons free mountain tours ? we are arriving saturday and would like to do the PC tour or night skiing on PC.

we also have 2 teens and curious on any teen evening activities.

thanks,

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
129 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park City Family Ski Trip Report 2/21-2/25/12

We did not do any tours. We were pretty anxious to ski aggressively all day and didn't want to be held back by a tour.

The day we arrived we had Twilight tickets at PC. (1PM-9PM) but ended up stopping about 6:00. We were pretty tired. The trails open at night are limited, of course to mostly blues and greens in the PayDay zone, just FYI.

Evening/night activities were not an issue. By the time we got back to the hotel, took a swim in the pool and got a bite to eat we were all so tired we went to bed early every night!

Depending on where you're staying, there are lots of stores to shop on Main Street.

One afternoon we gave the kids some cash to shop (lots and lots of apparel stores at the mountain base). Which gave mom and dad a peaceful hour to have an Apres Ski drink. Everyone was happy!

Enjoy and let me know if you have other questions.

Owen

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park City Family Ski Trip Report 2/21-2/25/12

Thanks Owen,

Just got a dump here in Montreal, I hope there is as much snow there as there is here because everyone thinks I am crazy for leaving.

5. Re: Park City Family Ski Trip Report 2/21-2/25/12

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:55 pm, June 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Park City