We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant advice

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CT
Level Contributor
137 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant advice

Will be arriving in Park City for a week on Friday February 24th. This will be the 7th consecutive winter we have visited. This trip will be 5 adults and my 21 year old son and several of his friends. We will be staying at Westgate Park City (at Canyons) and I am looking for suggestions for Friday and Saturday for a group of 8 or 9. Friday we were thinking close by (maybe something at Redstone) and Saturday we would like to go into Park City and eat somewhere on Main Street for the benefit of my son's friends who have never been to Park City. Good beer selection and ability to make reservations on Saturday are a must. We have had drinks at High West Distillery and was considering going there, but I read poor service reviews here. Any suggestions?

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
619 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurant advice

It really depends on what kind of cuisine and price point you're thinking about. While there are many options that I love at Redstone, also don't overlook the new "The Farm" restaurant at Canyons (very close to your accommodations!). Excellent food, great wine/beer/cocktails, wonderful service, and would certainly take a reservation. For Main St, there's just soooo many to choose from. I've been to High West many times and have thoroughly enjoyed it with no service issues, but I've also been there mostly during "casual" hours. They also schedule distillery tours (you must reserve) which are really fun and the young men might enjoy (about 30 min). Other favorites of mine are Easy Street and Wasatch Brew Pub, but both of these are also below the REALLY pricey options on Main St. For pricey options, Riverhorse is one of my favorites and is "worth it." Good luck!

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,186 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurant advice

Best fun and informal options at Newpark/Redstone are Red Rock brew pub and Maxwell's. Either would be fun. Both have good beer selections. FYI, only 3.2 beer on tap in Utah so regional brewers are starting to REALLY push bottled beer which allows them to craft better beer without the alchohol restriction - big difference. At Red Rock, try their new Elephino IPA for example. Red Rock is typical brew pub fare, very good. Maxwell's is pizza and sandwiches and one of the hottest restaurant/bars in town. I'm thinking either would take a res at that size.

As noted, tons of options downtown. We haven't liked High West and haven't heard a lot who have. Highest ratings lately seem to be for Talisker on Main if you have the bucks. Riverhorse on Main has always been a favorite, but haven't been there since new owner and remodel this winter. We like Easy Street in Sky Lodge. Zoom is next door, a perennial favorite, but our recent experiences have been mixed. In general, seems like browna1234 and I are pretty much alike. Wasatch Brew Pub (the original brew pub in the state) is also great but might be a lot like the night before.

Hope that helps. Have fun. We now have snow.

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
619 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurant advice

Yes, Tumbleweed! Will you let "us" know if you do venture to Riverhorse this season--and if it's still just as wonderful? Also, have you heard anything about the new "Silver" (opened last year, I think) on Main St??

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,186 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurant advice

I've been in Silver a few times but just for drinks and haven't had dinner. It seems quite nice. I've had friends who've worked there. But, honestly, haven't heard a word about it - no buzz at all, compared to the likes of Talisker, another Main Street newcomer. The space has never really been successful in the past, although that's no reflection on the present owner. But it's pretty intense competition up there.

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
619 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurant advice

Thanks for that insight. And you're right, Silver always looks so cool from the street, but no "buzz" whatsoever. I guess that probably tells me what I need to know. Thanks :)

Park City, Utah
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurant advice

I personally love High West - it is one of my favorite places. But you probably won't be able to get a reservation there for 8 or 9 on a Friday or Saturday, although you should always try. I've had drinks and appetizers at Silver, and it was "just okay". Nothing has compelled me to go back. For fine dining, Mariposa at Deer Valley is wonderful and the service is fabulous. It would be a little bit of a further drive, but we're talking 2 or 3 miles. The Waldorf's Slopes is very close to you, but I had breakfast there recently and was not impressed (dirty tables and chairs, for starters). I would probably choose The Farm at the Canyons' Grand Summit over Slopes. On Main Street, we've always had good, reasonably priced food at Cisero's. If you like sushi, Yuki Arashi is a great option on Main Street. Another poster mentioned Easy Street, which is another one I also like. You didn't mention what price range you are considering, so the options I threw out there are all varied in price point. If your son and his friends are looking to hit the town without the old people, send them to No Name (saloon-type bar) or Downstairs (nightclub).

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
278 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurant advice

I love No Name, so I would suggest it even for old dudes like myself =) What would be some other bars similar to No Name that would be good for a guy dining alone?

Park City, Utah
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurant advice

Maybe The Spur? or Bandits? or Flannagan's? They all have websites so you can check out their menus online. There's also Legends at the base of PCMR - I've only had beers there, but the menu looked pretty good.

9. Re: restaurant advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, March 12, 2013