We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deer Valley => Discount Lift Ticket & Ski Rental??

Sydney
Level Contributor
199 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Deer Valley => Discount Lift Ticket & Ski Rental??

Hi All

Can someone tell me if there are discounted lift tickets to deer valley. I notice on previous threads that people mention Costco but not for deer valley. Also discount ski hire? Thanks gkace

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deer Valley => Discount Lift Ticket & Ski Rental??

The way to get a DV discount tickets is by booking your hotel/condo with DV Central Reservations. You will get a 10% discount coupon (not good at Christmas break). In the past, repeat bookers also got a $50 gift card that can be used for lift tickest, but not sure if first time bookings get the gift card too. Costco has not sold them in the past. You can get a slight discount at some hotels or ski shops, but the savings are not that great.

There are many places in PC to rent/hire skis. I rent for my daughter from Peak Experience, I have found it the be the cheapest.

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
43 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deer Valley => Discount Lift Ticket & Ski Rental??

There are a few places in Salt Lake that sell discounted tickets. Go to www.canyonsports.com or www.skinsee.com. You must be in person.

Greentown...
Level Contributor
244 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deer Valley => Discount Lift Ticket & Ski Rental??

If you wait until December......you can get discount lift tickets to DV and other Utah resorts from Backcountry.com.........plus the proceeds go to a good cause.....The Utah Avalanche Center. I have used this method of getting my lift tickets for my Utah trips the past 2 years. The deal is just as good or better than some of the other dealers mentioned in the thread. Order them online (you don't have to go into the stores......like the other stores mentioned)............In 2008 I paid 73 dollars for a ticket that was 97 dollars at the window at DV I believe...........it is worth checking out. Backcountry.com is the website.......just have to wait until about mid December is when they start putting their discount lift tickets on.....courtesy of Utah Avalanche Center.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Deer Valley => Discount Lift Ticket & Ski Rental??

backcountry.com does sell discount DV tickets. I have priced them. It does not work for me. I buy the multi-day, get the 10% off and the $50 gift card, that comes out cheaper for me, then backcountry.com. But if you do not get the $50 card, then the backcountry ticket would be cheaper. I think they are not good in certain periods. And you have to check that site all the time, the ticket sell out fast, but not in a day.

SF Bay Area, CA
Level Contributor
17 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Deer Valley => Discount Lift Ticket & Ski Rental??

I checked Backcountry.com, and they don't have Deer Valley tickets. They do have many other resorts, but not DV. Can you recommend another option?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Deer Valley => Discount Lift Ticket & Ski Rental??

Expedia seems to have the best rates right now, not great, but discounted.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,559 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Deer Valley => Discount Lift Ticket & Ski Rental??

As noted, both See n Ski and Canyon Sports (Google them) have DV discounts. It's a $7 discount except for January when it's $16.

8. Re: Deer Valley => Discount Lift Ticket & Ski Rental??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:34 am, January 20, 2012