We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming on Saturday - any snow falling?

Lake Worth, FL
Level Contributor
417 posts
66 reviews
Coming on Saturday - any snow falling?

Okay, I realize this is a ridiculous magic ball question but we're coming from South Florida. None of my kids have ever seen snow. What are the chances it might actually snow? Is there snow on the ground now? My daughter is packing buttons for her snowman!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,575 posts
177 reviews
1. Re: Coming on Saturday - any snow falling?

I have a frosting on my lawn this morning in the valley. I'm sure the mountains got more. Mine will probably be gone this afternoon, but there will definitely still be snow in Park City.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
405 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Coming on Saturday - any snow falling?

Here is a link to the local weather forecast:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=88

Edit: You can take your daughter to a place that's higher altitude than PC for some significant snow amounts and maybe a chance to make a snowman. Last weekend there were a quite a bit of people in Big Cottonwood Canyon sledding and building snowmen at Donut Flats.

Edited: 2:58 pm, March 24, 2010
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
21,111 posts
451 reviews
3. Re: Coming on Saturday - any snow falling?

We have snow in our yard but it wouldn't be packable for a snowman, for example. There's snow in the forecast for the mountains on Friday, but not so much after that. It's definitely winter and they'll see plenty of snow. Skiing is still fabulous and doing things like tubing would be great fun. We have two tubing facilities, Gorgoza on I-80 just outside Park City and Soldier Hollow in Midway.

Have fun.

Lake Worth, FL
Level Contributor
417 posts
66 reviews
4. Re: Coming on Saturday - any snow falling?

Thank for the replies!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,575 posts
177 reviews
5. Re: Coming on Saturday - any snow falling?

too bad you aren't here today, There's nice gentle snow falling as I type.

Pompano Beach, FL
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Coming on Saturday - any snow falling?

Hi, we just got here from Fort Lauderdale last night, and plenty of snow has been falling all day! I guess it'll be melting early next week, but all of the houses and yards in PC have plenty of snow on them - I wasn't sure if it would even be on the ground, but there is. The sledding hill behind the library has a decent amount, and we found a coupleof cool hills behind the Deer Valley condos where kids are sledding and building snowmen - like a 4 minute drive away. :):):) When we stopped at SLC Costco last night to pick up the lift ticket vouchers, the checkout guys were telling us over 6 inches was predicted - it doesn't say that on weather.com, but it looks good!

JoAnn

7. Re: Coming on Saturday - any snow falling?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 23, 2010