We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow on the way? Will I get there this time?!?!

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
278 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Snow on the way? Will I get there this time?!?!

OK, it looks like a snowstorm is on it's way Thursday. Ordinarily AWESOME news, except we are scheduled to arrive at 11:15 AM Thursday. I already had to postpone this trip last week, so I am a little nervous!

Can any locals tell me how SLC International deals with snow? I assume they are pretty good at dealing with storms, hehe. What are my chances of NOT getting stuck in Baltimore?

Wednesday Night: A 50 percent chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Cloudy, with a low around 25. South wind between 13 and 15 mph. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Thursday: Snow. Some thunder is also possible. High near 31. South southeast wind between 11 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Thursday Night: Snow. Low around 16. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php…

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
401 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snow on the way? Will I get there this time?!?!

Don't worry about the airport and snow. We are more than ready to handle snow here. Plus the storms that are hitting this week are not big storms. We have not been hit by big storms this season, they've all gone to the East Coast. Our storms have been small and steady on the mountains and the Salt Lake Valley is absolutely 100% snow-free, and has been since mid-January.

Moab, Utah
Level Contributor
449 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snow on the way? Will I get there this time?!?!

Boy I'm sorry to disagree but the current storm as forecast is going to be the second or third biggest one of this entire, lack luster season.

Don't worry about the airport because this isn't a big storm, hopefully it will be. Don't worry about the airport because it is in the desert west of Salt Lake and the Wasatch and receives on average less then 40" in an entire winter while the mountains will get 500".

There are rarely delays due to snow because it just doesn't snow there.

utah
Level Contributor
541 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snow on the way? Will I get there this time?!?!

have a great time. There has been steady snow this year, good weather etc. Check the National Weather Service for warnings, Park City is better prepared to deal with snow than most towns as is the airport.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
278 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snow on the way? Will I get there this time?!?!

Thanks everyone- I feel better! We can't wait and I hope we get dumped on, hehe.

Thursday: Snow showers. High near 31. South southeast wind between 13 and 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Thursday Night: Snow. Low around 17. Southwest wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Edited: 7:36 am, March 03, 2010
5. Re: Snow on the way? Will I get there this time?!?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 31, 2010