We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for families with toddlers

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bynum, TX
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best place for families with toddlers

Looking for advise of best hotels and places in the USA for kids and families.

First family trip, going mid FEB. Want a good (not OUTRAGEOUS priced) kids ski program so mom and dad can ski alone as well!

All suggestions welcome and appreciated!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
47 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for families with toddlers

I found that Brighton and Alta were much cheaper than Park City, Deer Valley and others. Snowbird is for very advanced skiing. At Alta they have a good green lift pass for around $25. Oh, Brighton is FREE for kids 10 and under. I believe passes were around $42 for adults for the whole mountain at Alta and Brighton. You will pay like $75 each at Deer Valley. The classes were much more reasonable at Brighton and Alta. Brighton offers snowboarding and Alta is skiing only. We found food to more reasonable at Alta and Brighton ....more family like. Deer Valley food was great but my husband paid $10 for my side salad! I believe our lunch for two was $50. Also if you are looking for hotel. We like the Hotel Inn Express in Park City on Ute Blvd. We had a suite and this way we had a microwave and fridge. Also they have free breakfast. Many kids enjoy the fruit, hot chocolate and cereal. Indoor hot tub and pool are great! We have paid from $125-$169 a night there. It just depends when you go (peak/non-peak). I recommend renting a car. We found Alamo to be cheapest on their website under hot deals. The also rent ski racks for $3.50 a day. Have a great trip!