We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need snowmobiling advice

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
137 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
need snowmobiling advice

Does anyone know what area has the best snowmobiling? Looking for varied terrain with lots of trees but also some open areas. Would like to go on our own also. Thanks for any suggestions.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
401 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need snowmobiling advice

I see quite a bit of snowmobilers every time I go to the Uintah Mountains. There are lots of trees and open meadows there. It is about an hour's drive east of PC.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need snowmobiling advice

I can only comment on two places Summit Meadows and Thousand Peaks, SM everything is first class but not many trees and close to PC. TP, snowmobiles are new and good but helmets (you have to wear their helmets), etc leaves a lot to be desired and a 45 minute drive from PC. However, TP is a 1000 times better place to snowmobile then SM. Tons of trees and real mountains. Both places will take you to some open fields so that you can open it up and both have trail to follow.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,433 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need snowmobiling advice

Thousand Peaks is fabulous. Try All Seasons Adventures in Park City which is a really reputable company and works with most of the local outfitters. Goose is the boss there.

4. Re: need snowmobiling advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 27, 2010