We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do if no snow for skiing?

nj
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
What to do if no snow for skiing?

My family of 4 (kids are 14, 11) is going to PC xmas '09. It's 3 weeks away and there's virtually no snow, but condo is nonrefundable. We really just planned on skiing. What other fun things could we possibly do?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
403 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do if no snow for skiing?

They are making snow on the mountain and all next week we have storms in the forecast. You'll have plenty of snow.

nj
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do if no snow for skiing?

I sure hope you are right! I've skied out west my whole life, but I've never gone at xmas time, always later in the year. Now it's the only school vacation that both my kids have together, so we had no choice. I was shocked to see how little snow there's been so far though. You sound pretty confident so I'll choose to believe you.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
403 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do if no snow for skiing?

Here is the link for the weather forecast:

weather.com/outlook/…

Here are some webcams shot and you can see that there is snow on the mountain and that they are making more as I type this:

parkcitymountain.com/winter/…index.html

You'll have a great vacation skiing everyday!

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do if no snow for skiing?

Our son works in mountain management at Deer Valley. They haven't been able to get on the slopes yet as there is a celebrity event. But, they open on Saturday and they have been making tons of snow. The weather has been quite cold, but clear. They had 6 inches of snow a week ago Sunday - nothing since then. But, they are hearing reports of snow this weekend. He is going to ski Canyons tomorrow, so I will see what he says then. We are going to be there over Christmas, too. May not be a ton of fallen snow, but I think it should be fine for skiing with manmade.

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
170 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do if no snow for skiing?

Besides the fact that much terrain for more skiing and riding will be open over Xmas, there are tons of other activities in and around Park City. A quick search of this forum will bring up many great suggestions or see www.parkcityinfo.com for more...see you soon!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
247 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do if no snow for skiing?

Drive to Jackson Hole

7. Re: What to do if no snow for skiing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 02, 2010