We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Westgate Resort and Spa, Park City, Utah

spring hill, florida
1 post
Save Topic
Westgate Resort and Spa, Park City, Utah

My husband and I traded our timeshare for the Westgate Resort and Spa in Park City. Has anyone stayed there? I have read that sometimes around Thankgiving, the skiing can be iffy. We are going from 11/27 - 12/4. If by chance we are not able to ski much, does anyone have any ideas on what we can will be able to do with our 2 children (ages 6 and 8)? We are praying for snow.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
212 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Westgate Resort and Spa, Park City, Utah

The Westgate is quite nice. You'll be happy there.

Unless there is an exceptional winter, the ski season should be open. Deer Valley, always the last resort to open during the year, is scheduled to open on December 3. They always seem to hold out until the last minute to ensure that the snow is here to stay. The other resorts usually open at least a month before Deer Valley does.

If there really isn't any snow, there's plenty to do in Park City and Salt Lake that should keep everyone occupied. The arts groups will be in full swing - Ballet West's The Nutcracker opens that weekend in Ogden www.symphonyballet.org. It's the 50 anniversary of The Nutcracker in America and Ballet West is the only company to perform the orginial choreography.

Pioneer Theatre Company -www.pioneertheatre.org - opens Beauty and the Beast.

Utah Symphony Opera has performances that weekend too - www.utahsymphonyopera.org

Dining in PC is to die for. Salt Lake has its hot spots too, many of them kid friendly.

One thing I like to do during winter is get super dressed up and go have afternoon tea at the Grande America Hotel. You didn't mention if you have boys or girls (its better with little girls, I think) It's $15 per person and requires a reservation.

And it seems like Salt Lake City has its "Lights On" Festival that weekend too. The city officially starts the holiday season with a massive celebration with the turning on of the Christmas lights. Temple Square is amazing. Everything that holds still is wrapped in lights. It isn't to be missed. And the carriage rides downtown are always fun. http://www.carriageforhire.net/ Weather permitting, they do open sleigh rides at the mouth of Emmigration Canyon too.

Some restaurants are open on Thanksgiving too. The Paris Bistro (in SLC) is open, but requires a reservation.