We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sweetwater Lift Lodge, Park City, Utah

Saline, MI
Level Contributor
132 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Sweetwater Lift Lodge, Park City, Utah

Anybody stayed at that place in winter for skiing? How close is it to the lifts? Walking distance? Any other comments?

Main Line...
Level Contributor
87 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sweetwater Lift Lodge, Park City, Utah

Hello,

Haven't stayed there, but know PC pretty well. You'll be very close to Park City Mountain Resort - walking distance to the slopes, shops and restaurants there. You'll be about 3/4 mile from Main Street, (where many of the clubs, restaurants and shops are located), but you can take the free buses to get there. The buses run all day and well into the night during ski season.

I'm sure you'll have a great time in Park City!

Saline, MI
Level Contributor
132 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sweetwater Lift Lodge, Park City, Utah

1120ralph

Thank you for your answer. Are you saying that the Sweetwater Lift Lodge is across from the Marriott Mountainside? We would just have to walk across the parking lot to get to the bottom of the lifts, right?

Entertainment is not the most important aspect of our ski vacation, rather the proximity to the slopes and restaurants within walking distance. I know that the PC bus system is great. We stayed a few years ago at the Park Plaza and when not using the resort shuttle, the PC bus system took us everywhere we wanted to go.

T29
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sweetwater Lift Lodge, Park City, Utah

Just returned from the lodge and it is just up from the Mountainside. Very close for walking…no worries there. However we did not find the restaurants in this area to be very good and took the buses to Main Street on 2 occasions and cooked 2 nights also.

Have a great time…we did.

Saline, MI
Level Contributor
132 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sweetwater Lift Lodge, Park City, Utah

Thank you very much for your info. Did you like the units at the Sweetwater Lodge? Are they comfortable and fairly spacious? Appreciate your comments.

T29
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sweetwater Lift Lodge, Park City, Utah

It depends on your unit and your expectations. We stayed in unit 41. A perfect location to the lifts and the unit had just been refurbed. It was immaculate and the living kitchen area was very pleasing to relax and cook in. The bedrooms were plain but very comfy and well lit. When I say plain…not even a mirror. We noticed this because our unit (and I would imagine all units in this area attached to the main building) only had one bathroom. There were 4 of us…2 adults and 2 teens. The bathroom was on the small size but doable if you are just going with family. As far as spaciousness…one night we had realtives come buy to play games so there were 8 of us. It was fine. They enjoyed our surroundings much better than their own unit.

They stayed in Unit 33 which is in the main building…meaning they could just take the elevator down to the main lobby w/o going outside which was nice. It was hard not to compare the units though. Theirs was very large (with 2 bathrooms) but very plain and in need of a face lift. They had a gas fireplace and we had a wood fireplace without wood. You had to go down to the office to buy wood..(seemed like too much trouble since we were in and out so often…would have been nice if they included 1 free already set up fire as some other places do). I would not say their kitchen had old appliances but the stainless steel in our unit was a nice touch with granite like countertops. Neither unit had washers or dryers IN the unit.

Both units did come with some problems but ours were quickly addressed. Their maintenance crew is 5 star and they really aim to please the customer. For instance, with the first shower it was obvious when the tub did not drain that the pipes were frozen. After they fixed this we had to leave the tub run for the week. One day when we came back from skiing the baseboards were warm (not hot) and 2 of us were very cold. We thought we were working them incorrectly but they came by and said we had them on high but they were too old to do a proper job. They brought us 2 space heaters which more than did the job and blankets to use while we waited for the unit to warm up. This was Christmas week and they must have been busy, but their response time was within 5 min. They were great! One drawback to the space heater was that you could not run the microwave and space heater at the same time as a fuse would blow. Easy to fix once we found the fuse box. Now in my sisters unit they had great heat…too hot…but when they ran 2 blow dryers the fuse blew and they had to have maintenance come because their fuse box was locked. One bad thing about their unit was a vibrating wall that would only stop making noise unless someone leaned on it….literally stood there. It was so loud that my niece did not sleep well for 4 nights out in the living room. I guess they did not want the hassle of moving to a new unit…so they just put up with it. It miraculously stopped after the 4th day though. I know this is long, but I wanted to give you the full picture though…the place is old but they are really working on it and customer satisfaction.

I would stay there again if I could get a refurbished unit. I would call and see which unit you have been assigned to.

On the very good side Park City Skiing was great and there has been a lot more snow since we left!!!!! When are you going? If you have any other questions…please fell free to ask!

Please write back on your return as to which unit and the condition as we may stay their again for a few days this summer. Thanks

Saline, MI
Level Contributor
132 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sweetwater Lift Lodge, Park City, Utah

Hello again T29 .... thank you for the great report on the units and the maintenance problems which obviously were fixed quickly. The reason I was curious is because we were thinking of purchasing a timeshare week at Sweetwaters. I don't know if we actually would. We will be coming to Park City end of March (hopefully there will be lots of snow left) and will stay at the Miner's Club at the Canyons. But we will check the Sweetwaters Lodge out and find out what the schedule on refurbishing of all the units is and maybe talk to the manager.

If I have any news, I will definitely contact you.

Thanks ..... Heidi

T29
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sweetwater Lift Lodge, Park City, Utah

You may be interested in this link:

http://sweetwaterliftlodge.com/owners/

Hermosa Beach, CA
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Sweetwater Lift Lodge, Park City, Utah

We have owned at Sweetwater since 1986, Park City is an annual trip for us and we have stayed in our condo 75% of the time. It's a perfect location, especially if are using the bus service but some of the units do need to be on the refurbish list. We are on the first floor of the building closest to the circle drive that the buses use for dropping off at Park City Mountain Resort. I'm sure you found it to be a very convenient location for skiing. We own two other timeshares in Park City which we rent and may be selling our Sweetwater property. Glad you enjoyed Park City.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
27 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sweetwater Lift Lodge, Park City, Utah

I am looking to exchange my timeshare this summer, and Sweetwater Lift Lodge came up as one of my options to exchange in too. As we are taking another couple with us I was anxious to make sure there were two bathrooms. I contacted the resort by email and was informed that all their 2 bed apartments had two bathrooms. Having read the recent messages on this forum saying that some of the 2 bedroom apartments only had 1 bathroom, I emailed the resort again and asking for clarification and pointing out the discrepancies regarding the number of bathrooms. They have not bothered to reply. I therefore decided not to take the chance. Timeshare Exchangers beware !!!!

T29
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sweetwater Lift Lodge, Park City, Utah

If you trade through Trading Places International (http://www.tradingplaces.com)that is also the management group for this condo they may be able to guarantee which unit you get…1 or 2 bath. I traded this particular trip through RCI and they guaranteed I was getting a 1 bathroom unfortunately. Anyway I’m sure that the four of us crammed into one bathroom even if the front desk is not. The people at the desk were very nice but at times a little confused. If you have not heard of Trading Places it is a very nice company to work with. I have completed 2 trades with them with in one year.I had talked to one long time owner there any he even thought all 2 bdrms had 2 baths. There are just different phases. If other trades came up for you, I'm glad...but if not I would persist on getting an answer to your question. If the front desk does not receive traders info until 1 or 2 weeks out the front desk can't help you anyway...only asking your trading company. Hope this helps.