We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountain bike rental

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cary, NC
Level Contributor
4 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Mountain bike rental

I am going to be in Park City the week after Labor Day and would like to rent a bike and hit some trails one day while in town. Any recommendations on where to rent a mountain bike and what trails to hit? Do any locations have package deals?

Thanks!

Salt Lake City, UT
Level Contributor
908 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mountain bike rental

The mountain biking in Park City is superlative. Tons and tons of great, purpose built single track. Three bike shops that come to mind are White Pine Touring, Jans and Cole Sports. Just a few weeks ago, my brother rented a MTB from White Pine. All three are in central Park City, close enough to ride to the trails (in case you can't/don't want to transport your rental bike by car).

Trails to look at are Round Valley, Solamere, Lost Prospector, or Mid Mountain if you're in good shape. The Glenwild trail complex is phenomenal too (I was just riding up there yesterday), but it would involve a few miles riding on pavement to access, unless you can transport your bike by vehicle. These are the main marked trails, but there are tons of others. Check out

www.mountaintrails.org

to see an online map of the trails in the area. The same group prints a map, which is an invaluable resource. Try to get hold of a copy, though late in the season, the supply may be exhausted. If you call them, they might mail you one.

2. Re: Mountain bike rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, September 05, 2009