We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park City Base Area Storage

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
901 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Park City Base Area Storage

I searched forum on this topic and most of what I found was pretty old, so I am not sure if still accurate, especially post Vail acquisition. We booked our lodging at the Chateau Apre. Looks perfect for hard core skiers looking for basic clean lodging within walking distance to Park City base. It would appear to be a 5 to 10 min walk to lifts. What, if any, storage options either for the day and / or overnight exist at the Park City base near the Payday lift for at least shoes and boot bag and possibly skis as well? I think the distance is walk-able in my ski boots, but I certainly would prefer not to do so. Same with skis, certainly can carry them back and forth if needed, but would prefer not to do so.

Mentioned in this post
Park City
Park City
Wasatch Range, UT
4 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
19,061 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park City Base Area Storage

Chateau Apres Lodge has been around for decades. I believe it was the first lodge built back in the 60s when Park City Mountain used to be Treasure Mountain Resort. I don't know about ski storage facilities at Park City Mountain Base. T&C, who lives in PC, may be along with information. Or, you could call Park City Mountain and ask the question.

Mentioned in this post
Chateau Apres Lodge
Chateau Apres Lodge
85 Reviews
Park City, UT
Park City
Park City
Wasatch Range, UT
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,851 posts
1,139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park City Base Area Storage

There is a ski valet at the base. We stored our skis there overnight for $7/night last season. It's right next to the Payday lift. Not sure if they take boots or not.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,405 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park City Base Area Storage

PlanetR is spot on. The ski storage option is great but it does cost. Deer Valley, on the other hand, provides ski valet for free. I keep a pair of skis all season long. For boots at Park City, there are lockers in the main base lodge that will work. Not sure on the cost. For sure storage is the way to go so you don't have to schlep skis and boots. If you do decide to walk, I would walk in street shoes and change in the lodge.

Have fun. I'm feeling like it will be a great season.

Mentioned in this post
Park City
Park City
Wasatch Range, UT
Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
901 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park City Base Area Storage

Thanks PlanetR and thanks a second time TWC for your willingness to share your local knowledge.

Reply to: Park City Base Area Storage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted