We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current ski conditions

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
126 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Current ski conditions

We own a condo in Park City and were planning a trip starting next Monday for a week. Looking at the temperatures, we are considering postponing the trip. Can anyone advise current ski conditions in Park City. We are traveling quite a distance and would appreciate any advise.

Park City, UT
Level Contributor
355 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current ski conditions

Right now it's hard for the first hour or so until the sun softens the snow. Mostly okay until early afternoon. After that you should stay on the runs that have been shaded (north or northeast facing).

For next week, it should be similar with a bit less snow.

So, if you really like skiing on the groomed runs, it won't be terrible. (Hope this is some help.)

Ca Central Coast
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Current ski conditions

Skiied at Alta this Mon-Wednesday and last post true about conditions there. Monday felt like 75 on the hill so if those temps hold bring your spring ski clothes. Icy in morn than good for couple of hours than the slushy snow that can slow you down. We came out from CA and wished snow had been better. My 1st time skiing Utah. We did have a lot of fun and some good runs. I personally would have liked better snow for the distance traveled. I mean when was the last time it snowed? Obviously this is not the greatest snow year. We flew to Utah as CA is lacking too. This is all my opinion and would hate to advise one way or other but there are my thoughts.

Rosscoe

Chicago
Level Contributor
79 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current ski conditions

We are supposed to go to Park City on the 24th and are seriously considering changing our plans. We are traveling with 3 kids who have never skied. I don't want them on ice and slush all day. I need some good advice also!

dc
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Current ski conditions

Wash, DC

We arrive APRIL 1, for 5 days, with our 13-year-old son on break. IF there is no more snow, I'm thinking we should cancel and just suffer the penalities with hotel and airfare. Any predictions if there will be better weather/more snow in coming weeks? A typical March. many thanks.

5. Re: Current ski conditions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 28, 2009