We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta Baggage Rules

Which Park City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
70 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Delta Baggage Rules

Anyone check in skis on a delta flight lately? I'm trying to figure out if I'll have to pay extra for my skis. If so, since I'll only be skiing for a few days, I'd probably just rent. I found this on the website so it looks like there'd be no extra charge but just wanted to see if anyone else had experience to tell me for sure. don't trust the airlines much these days...

Thanks!

One item of ski or snowboard equipment is accepted as part of your free checked baggage allowance.

One item of ski or snowboard equipment is defined as:

One ski/pole bag or one snowboard bag, and

One boot bag

The boot bag must meet the standard free baggage allowances or excess baggage charges will apply.

Boston
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta Baggage Rules

Hi,

We just flew roundtrip on Delta to SLC. One boot bag plus one ski bag was considered a single piece of luggage. That being said this is what happened: At Logan the curbside porters are only allowed to check in two pieces per passenger. So we checked in two pieces per person and had to go inside and check in 3 more. The agents were helpful but didn't know what to do. Had to wait for a supervisor. All no problem in the end. Delta at SLC was fine for all pieces at curbside. If your only going for a few days I would consider renting powder skis. They just had tons of powder and lots more to come. Have fun! My family certainly did.

2. Re: Delta Baggage Rules

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Park City