We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whole Foods Grocery - Has it relocated?

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
415 posts
17 reviews
Whole Foods Grocery - Has it relocated?

I was wondering if the Whole Foods has relocated yet. I heard there was a plan to build a larger store for early 2017 and was curious if it has already opened. If so, does anyone know what has or will take it's previous location's place?

Thank you in advance!

11 replies to this topic
Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,672 posts
449 reviews
1. Re: Whole Foods Grocery - Has it relocated?

It has not yet moved and looks like it's still a few months away. We are all waiting to hear what will go in there. No one is very keen on the new location across the frontage road from Walmart. I think it will be a traffic disaster. But the store looks really impressive. It will be two stories, a bit of an unusual layout.

But, for now, you can still find it in the same location.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
415 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: Whole Foods Grocery - Has it relocated?

Thank you TumbleweedandCactus! Appreciate the update!

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
32,793 posts
6,431 reviews
3. Re: Whole Foods Grocery - Has it relocated?

Interesting news

It will be nice to have a larger Whole Food Grocery in Park City, but agree about the traffic,

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,672 posts
449 reviews
4. Re: Whole Foods Grocery - Has it relocated?

We're warming to the concept albeit slowly ... Here's the corporate announcement from nearly two years ago. This was followed by a pretty lengthy planning fight. But it should be pretty classy. The taproom is inviting.

…wholefoodsmarket.com/news/whole-foods-marke…

Lehi, Utah
1 post
5. Re: Whole Foods Grocery - Has it relocated?

The new Whole Foods opens tomorrow!!

businesswire.com/news/home/20171016006084/en…

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,672 posts
449 reviews
6. Re: Whole Foods Grocery - Has it relocated?

Yes, it opened today. Pretty much as expected, it was a parking and traffic disaster. Just a very difficult space. Friends who were successful in getting into the store today said it was quite fantastic. I gave up.

Have fun.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
20,113 posts
36 reviews
7. Re: Whole Foods Grocery - Has it relocated?

Yea, I think getting in and out of that parking lot would be a challenge. There may be a traffic light in the future.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,672 posts
449 reviews
8. Re: Whole Foods Grocery - Has it relocated?

Figured I should check back in. After a massive opening day, it was no problem getting into the new Whole Foods parking lot on day two. This will become one of the hottest spots in Kimball Junction come ski season. The Silver King Tap Room with about two dozen beers on tap is a real hit. Worth checking out.

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
34 reviews
9. Re: Whole Foods Grocery - Has it relocated?

TC

Are the prices lower?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
20,672 posts
449 reviews
10. Re: Whole Foods Grocery - Has it relocated?

In August Jeff Bezos came out publicly to announce selective lower prices. We've found it to be noticeably less expensive if you shop carefully. There are some really notable differences from before. Right now there are super store opening prices. But in the restaurant/bar they're pouring really good tap beers for $5. I had a $6 burger last night with $1 fries. You need to shop carefully and selectively, but good prices are there.

Most of all for this forum, it's a decent destination for Kimball Junction guests as a place for groceries and having lunch or dinner expeditiously, with good food and decent price.

We don't do all of our shopping there but the percentage of items we purchase there has gone up since the price adjustment in August.

Check it out, or check out any Whole Foods.

Reply to: Whole Foods Grocery - Has it relocated?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted