We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One little overnight btwn SLC and Jackson Hole - help

Which Ogden hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
44 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
One little overnight btwn SLC and Jackson Hole - help

Flying out for a short visit with friends in Jackson. Flying in to SLC arriving around 2pm. Want to overnight somewhere where we can get a good dinner. Nothing needs to be expensive, but not Motel 8 and Subway, either. Dont' know anything about Ogden, but that's a possibility. Can you guys help me out? Salt Lake City would be fine or Ogden. Looked at Gray Cliff Lodge, that looks nice, but where to stay?

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
17,487 posts
403 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One little overnight btwn SLC and Jackson Hole - help

Is there a particular reason you don't want to drive all the way to Jackson? You could easily be there by dinner time?

We really do like Ogden. But that's only 45 minutes down the road. If that works for you, great. Gray Cliff Lodge would be a bit off your route. We've not stayed there but it's in an interesting location right in the river canyon.

We like staying in downtown Ogden. The Hampton Inn and Suites in downtown Ogden is a REALLY nice low to mid-priced hotel. And it's walking distance to all the restaurants on 25th Street. We like Roosters for Brew Pub fare. For a nicer more upscale experience, we like Jasoh just down the street. There are a half dozen other nice restaurants on 25th Street.

Logan would be another option for you.

Or, here's a bit of a different idea. Come up here to Park City for a night. We're only 45 minutes from the airport. And, actually, the route to Jackson up I-80 to Evanston is actually, in my opinion, faster than going up I-15 and through the Bear Lake area.

You can get fabulous hotel deals in the summertime in Park City and have tons of great restaurants to choose from, many offering two-for-one discounts.

Have fun.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,699 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One little overnight btwn SLC and Jackson Hole - help

How about Garden City? It is on the scenic route from SLC to Jackson. Go to Brigham City, take a right, to Logan then head up Logan Canyon. Garden City is on the shores of Bear Lake and is a great summer getaway.

http://www.bearlake.org/lodging-camp.html

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
379 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One little overnight btwn SLC and Jackson Hole - help

I would also suggest driving straight thru, it's a little over 5 hr

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
44 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One little overnight btwn SLC and Jackson Hole - help

You are making a good case for Park City. I've always wanted to see it. I will check out some hotels and really consider this. We are thinking we don't want to drive to Jackson on our arrival day in SLC because flight arrives at 2:15. Get bags, rental car, 5-6 hour drive to Jackson means getting in at what we consider late for dinner. Figured we would hang around and eat leisurely and drive to Jackson next day. But, a trip to Park City and then I80 up to Jackson could be the ticket. We could return to SLC via the Bear Lake route. Tomorrow I'll check into all this. Thanks so much. I love TripAdvisor people. You always give great info.

5. Re: One little overnight btwn SLC and Jackson Hole - help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 16, 2010