We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scenic flights - Monument Valley

Lancashire
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
5 helpful votes
Scenic flights - Monument Valley

Does anyone know of any operators that do scenic flights from and around Monument valley? I can only find flights out of Bryce/Zion. Thanks

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
21,946 posts
451 reviews
196 helpful votes
1. Re: Scenic flights - Monument Valley

While there's a decent landing strip at Monument Valley that was upgraded a few years ago for the Red Bull Air Race, there's really no airport infrastructure there. Your best bet if you're already going to Moab is to book it out of there. Redtail Aviation is a longstanding and reputable company there. You actually would get more value for your money there as they can give you a flight from Moab over very interesting terrain there and loop down to Monument Valley.

My personal advice as both a pilot myself and a regular visitor to the area is that while it's really spectacular to see from the air, I'm not sure that the high cost is really warranted. What you see from the ground and the overlooks is also quite amazing.

Have fun.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
5 helpful votes
2. Re: Scenic flights - Monument Valley

Thanks. That's really useful advice.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
68,931 posts
250 reviews
251 helpful votes
3. Re: Scenic flights - Monument Valley

There are scenic flights you can book from Page AZ too.

4. Re: Scenic flights - Monument Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:30 am, September 19, 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
483 posts
75 reviews
63 helpful votes
5. Re: Scenic flights - Monument Valley

I was also trying to fly from Page to Monument Valley and it appears that Papillion has a flight that goes from Page to Monument Valley, has a 90 minute jeep tour in Monument Valley, and then flies you back to Page. The flight goes over rainbow bridge on the way to monument valley. I heard the flight/with land tour is around 600 dollars. Someone else suggested driving from Page to Monument Valley and then taking the hot air balloon tour, which is 295. I have no idea what is the better value and I don't know what type of views the balloon tour offers but it seems like it would be easier to take photos from the balloon than throught a plane's window.

Edited: 10:41 pm, June 23, 2014
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
68,931 posts
250 reviews
251 helpful votes
6. Re: Scenic flights - Monument Valley

Your guest photos at a Monument Valley will be from the ground. In the air you can't see the depth and heights.

7. Re: Scenic flights - Monument Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 25, 2015