We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving from Las Vegas to MV

Skegness, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Driving from Las Vegas to MV

Holiday in LV in the 1st 2 weeks of Feb 14, and my husband (Philip) is hoping to drive to M V, is there a map available of places to stop and visit, as reading reviews it will take a good 8 hours. Planning to stay at the View or Goldings if they are open for 2 days ? All the tours we looked at do not stay at MV overnight, so took readers advice and decided to drive and see a lot more on the road ? any tip's Debs, England !!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,722 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving from Las Vegas to MV

Before we start telling you where to stop along the way, tell us how much time you're allowing to get there. Personally, I'd give it about 3-4 days.

Skegness, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving from Las Vegas to MV

Hoping to stay in Goldings lodge on Thurs 13th Feb arriving about 1400 from Vegas till Sat 15th Feb (Late evening) to see the Sunset and sunrise !!! Valentines Day in MV for our 30th wedding anniversary.!!! Philip is a big John W fan !!

Skegness, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving from Las Vegas to MV

PS can make it 3/4 days as were in LV for 2 weeks !!!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,722 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving from Las Vegas to MV

Favorite stops include Zion, Bryce, Marble Canyon and Page. Seeing all of those requires a modified loop route. Plan a night at Zion and another at Page if you can. Get that reservation booked at View or Gouldings ASAP.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving from Las Vegas to MV

We are doing the same trip last 2 weeks of Feb. spent about 2 weeks planning the trip. I didn't have a clue where to start! Use the forums on here, they are a priceless resource and I could find answers to all my questions from speed limits, weather, places to visit and even where to buy a SIM to put in my mobile so I don't get stung by roaming charges! We are staying 3 days in LV, drive out to GC taking in Hoover and a part of R66. 2 days at bright angel then up to MV. Overnight stay then drive to Kanub for 2 days, this is a good stop so we can take in Zion and maybe Bryce. It also means we have not got a 7 hour drive from MV to LV. I have never done anything like this before but will get lots ticked of the bucket list. Hope this give you some ideas. Remember: these forums are your friends! Oh google maps helps too

George UK

Skegness, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Driving from Las Vegas to MV

thanks yes these pages are a big help,, sometimes too much info ,, I hear the loop is a good way then you will not have the 7 hour drive, having a break at certain points valley of the gods, arches, mulley point all to be considered and put in order of your travel. Philip has decided now to fly to Phoenix hire a car there and drive to Las Vegas visiting MV etc ; still deciding, thanks again Debs !!

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Driving from Las Vegas to MV

Just remember, Valley of the Gods and Muley Point are dirtroads and not to drive when wet. Arches near Moab will be far out of your way. You can drive from MV to Torrey via Mexican Hat, Gooseneck SP, Moki Dugway, Natural Bridges, Hite Overlook and Capitol reef NP on your way. Then Torrey to Bryce via stunning ut12 www.scenicbyway12.com

Skegness, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Driving from Las Vegas to MV

thank you,, one and all..... We have finally booked,, with all help from these review pages. We are Staying at Luxor for 5 nights then to Bryce for 2 nights then to Zion for 1 night then to Gouldings (advice to book early from Red Rox) for 2 nights then to Springdale Little Americas for 2 days fininshing off in Vegas for 3 days. So thank you all for advice and tips well worth it And to Tripadvisor !!!!! Debbie

Uden, The...
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Driving from Las Vegas to MV

Not sure what you mean. What's Little Americas Springdale? Springdale is near Zion. And do you mean Page from Bryce for 1 night?

Skegness, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Driving from Las Vegas to MV

Sorry, had a late night !!! I mean ,, Luxor then Majestic View lodge for Zion then Best Western Ruby's Bryce then Golding's Then Little America's Flagstaff Then back to Las Vegas, Hope this sounds better DJ!!!