We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monument Valley questions

Peachtree City...
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Monument Valley questions

I will find myself in the vicinity of Monument Valley in a few months, and as much as I've researched it I can't find the answer to two questions:

1) I plan to arrive late afternoon, but I can't pin down exactly when I'll arrive. I would do the self-guided tour if I trusted my vehicle's capability, but I don't. That said, will I be able to get a basic guided tour with no prior reservation? Essentially a ride around the loop in a sturdy vehicle is all I need.

2) I also want to do the Wildcat Trail hike, but I'm not sure if it's subject to any closing hours. The night I will be there is going to be a full moon, and it'd be great to see it out there while walking...though the thrill may dissipate somewhat if I can't get out.

Thanks much!

Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,205 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monument Valley questions

I have been there 3 times for a tour and I always just "show up". There is always someone ready to give a tour.

Peachtree City...
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monument Valley questions

Great, thanks!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
444 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monument Valley questions

The Wildcat trail is a great hike! However, I'm not sure I'd suggest doing it in the moonlight if you've never taken it before. They've recently re-vamped the trail a bit while working on the campground and the beginning/ending can be a bit tricky, not to mention having to find the cairns at night - even with a full moon. JMO.

Peachtree City...
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monument Valley questions

Great info - thanks! I'm an enthusiastic hiker, but also a somewhat hopeless one too, so I'll make sure I'm in daylight.

5. Re: Monument Valley questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 14, 2014