We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The View Hotel or Gouldings Lodge next March

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
220 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
The View Hotel or Gouldings Lodge next March

Hi

Both hotels are already fully booked for next March. View Hotel online says there could be cancellation by tour agencies in later date. If we contact tour agency who bulk buys rooms, is there any posibility for us to stay? Do someone know which travel agency to contact?

Thank you

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,433 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The View Hotel or Gouldings Lodge next March

I would think that would be pretty difficult. What I would suggest is getting yourself confirmed elsewhere (San Juan Inn in Mexican Hat maybe) where you are allowed to cancel and then just keeping in touch with both Gouldings and View.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The View Hotel or Gouldings Lodge next March

Keep trying The View. I'm surprised it's already booked for march. Maybe phone them.

vcv
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The View Hotel or Gouldings Lodge next March

Also check Gouldings' camping cabins. There are only 4 of these, but it would be surprising that they're all booked for March. To find the cabins on their website, go to the campground link on the Gouldings website as the cabins are located there. They are fully equipped with linens, dishes, etc., and also have housekeeping service. There's a shuttle between the campground and lodge--or you can drive between the two. You can also get a tour of Monument Valley that leaves from the campground.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,887 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The View Hotel or Gouldings Lodge next March

I wonder if they really do have inventory and it is just not online yet. I checked this year in March for March and we could have had our pick at Gouldings.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,799 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The View Hotel or Gouldings Lodge next March

Keep calling both, but get a back up as advised.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
220 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The View Hotel or Gouldings Lodge next March

Thank you all for your kind advice.

After thinking carefully, we have decided to skip MV but instead stay 2 nights in Page.

Mr RedRox, I have found your photos of MV in the long thread of full of trip reports. Amazing photos and scenery. Thank you!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The View Hotel or Gouldings Lodge next March

There's enough to do in Page for a 2 nights stay indeed.

Newport, Rhode...
Level Contributor
594 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The View Hotel or Gouldings Lodge next March

Hi I would definetely call the hotels! We did in February, 2012 and I booked a suite at Gouldings Lodge for June, 2012!!! The lady was just going over the inventory and had a few rooms left. We got a suite right near the restaurant. So don't give up, call them directly!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
452 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The View Hotel or Gouldings Lodge next March

I would take The View over Gouldings. For roughly the same price, you have a newer facility that's literally RIGHT THERE next to the monuments. We spent a night there two years ago and my kids still talk about the experience to this day! We've been to 48 of the 50 states so this should tell you the impression it made on them.

In regard to being booked already for next March....like another person here stated, I am VERY surprised. If you haven't already done so, call the hotel directly. Sometimes they don't have next years on-line reservations available so far off in the season. However, I was told that they get a lot of foreigners so it very well could be possible that travel groups reserve bunches of rooms and then release the unused rooms closer to the date. I would suggest booking at the Hampton Inn in Holbrook, AZ (1/2 hour south) and keep checking back with the hotel. When calling the hotel, ask this exact question and see when you should start checking back with them/when the travel groups release the unused rooms.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
258 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: The View Hotel or Gouldings Lodge next March

"I would suggest booking at the Hampton Inn in Holbrook, AZ (1/2 hour south) and keep checking back "

I suspect you mean Kayenta, Az; Holbrook is along I-40 quite a bit further away. Kayenta does have a Hampton Inn.