We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Zion/Bryce/Grand Canyon - mid June

Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Zion/Bryce/Grand Canyon - mid June

My wife and I are traveling to a wedding in Las Vegas and are arriving a week early to see Zion (two days), Bryce Canyon (one day), and the North Rim of the Grand Canyon ( we visited the South Rim a few years ago).

We have two extra nights before we need be back in St. George the night before the wedding. We were planning on two nights in Moab, leaving Page and driving through Monument Valley, but I fear that this isn't enough time to enjoy Canyonlands and Arches. Would anyone recommend anything else in the Page/Monument Valley/Zion area? We have Cedar Breaks and Capitol Reef on our list as well which seem more doable.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Canyon North Rim
Grand Canyon North Rim
1,948 Reviews
Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
Grand Canyon South Rim
Grand Canyon South Rim
20,558 Reviews
Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
Moab
Moab
Utah
7 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
18,121 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Zion/Bryce/Grand Canyon - mid June

Do you have hotel reservations at Zion, Bryce and the North Rim? If not, you may not be going to any of these places. Honestly, you should have two nights for the North Rim. You could easily add a 3rd night to Zion.

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Zion/Bryce/Grand Canyon - mid June

Thank you! We do have reservations for all 3.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
64,408 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Zion/Bryce/Grand Canyon - mid June

Moab is too far to go in so little time.

2 days at any destination means 3 nights there. Is that your plan? Or are you ignoring the half day of driving between stops? If so, then add a night at Zions. The north rim really needs a second night.

Mentioned in this post
Moab
Moab
Utah
utah
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Zion/Bryce/Grand Canyon - mid June

Moab is too far. Here's some other ideas.

1) Add a day to Zion. You will barely scratch the surface with 2 days, especially if you enjoy hiking: Check out this guide: http://www.citrusmilo.com/zionguide/

2) Add a day to St. George. There is a ton to do in the area. Snow Canyon (especially to spelunk the lava caves is a top pick.) Pioneer Park/Red Cliffs Garden is worth a couple hours. The Johnson Farm dino tracks are cool, etc.

2a) There is a ton of great stuff to do between Zion and St. George. There is a great hike in Leeds - Red Rock Preserve. Cedar Breaks. Quail Creek. Sand Hollow St. Park. Quail Creek. Kanarraville Canyon. (Do some googling and see what appeals to you.) There are also some awesome guided canyoneering options

3) Spend a night or 2 in Kanab. There is a ton to do in that area as well. Coral Pink Sanddune and Best Friends are a couple of highlights.

4) Between Vegas and St. George check out Little Jamaica and Valley of Fire (VoF will be super hot in June so you would need to do that very early a.m.)

You have a great opportunity here to do some of the less well known and less crowded areas right in the backyard of where you will already be. You will enjoy that a lot more than adding a tons of miles of driving to get a quick glimpse of a couple things.

Edited: 1:07 pm, June 07, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Moab
Moab
Utah
Pioneer Park
Pioneer Park
407 Reviews
St. George, UT
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Valley of Fire State Park
Valley of Fire State Park
3,672 Reviews
Overton, NV
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Zion/Bryce/Grand Canyon - mid June

Thank you all for the ideas! We’ve opted to spend more time in Zion/St George and save Moab for another trip.

Mentioned in this post
utah
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Zion/Bryce/Grand Canyon - mid June

Check out this recent thread with lots of ideas in the area:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g61001-i1399-k1162…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
53 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Zion/Bryce/Grand Canyon - mid June

I'd recommend staying in the area and going to Lake Powell, Antelope canyon, and The Wave. Here is what I did

https:/…

Reply to: Trip to Zion/Bryce/Grand Canyon - mid June
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted