We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mexican hat, utah ginny roberts cross

Tennessee
1 post
Save Topic
mexican hat, utah ginny roberts cross

In May of 2008, we had the good fortune to visit numerous attractions in Utah. A cross is located beside the dirt road leading to Mexican Hat Rock and we have had our curiosity piqued ever since. We have contacted numerous places in hopes of gathering any information pertaining to this lone, solitary cross in the middle of God’s country which someone took the loving time to erect. However, our efforts have proved fruitless so far. We are hoping that you might be generous enough and with the knowledge to provide some information about the cross.

Who was Ginny Roberts? How old was the person? We assume it was a female. When and/or why was the cross erected? Is the cross the unfortunate location of a fatal accident or simply a “memorial” to someone who loved the area? Is there any significance to the stuffed toy frog (appears to be Kermit) at the base of the cross?

Due to responses from our Internet searches, there would seem to be many others who have encountered the cross and are equally curious. Your tourist department might be inclined to add this “curiosity” to be among their informational literature for future tourists. I realize that many locations across the country have “memorial” crosses erected along the roadside by loving survivors; however, we find this location rather intriguing.

Any information you might be able and willing to share will be greatly appreciated. Or, if you have any suggestions for further research, we would appreciate that also. You may email us at: rmor2@wk.net

We thank you in advance for your consideration and time regarding this inquiry.

Sincerely,

Robert and Lynn

Mentioned in this post
Utah
Utah
United States
Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mexican hat, utah ginny roberts cross

If it were me and I were really interested I would be on the telephone to every business and home in town. This is what newspaper reporters and police detectives do.

Grand Junction...
Level Contributor
356 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: mexican hat, utah ginny roberts cross

I'm going to be hanging out for a month down that way, in about a week. Figured I would ask around and let you know.

http://reddirtdawg.blogspot.com/

3. Re: mexican hat, utah ginny roberts cross

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:23 am, September 20, 2009