We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Best Friends Sanctuary Utah 16th 17th July

Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Visit to Best Friends Sanctuary Utah 16th 17th July

Hi :)

I am planning to visit Best Friends Sanctuary from Australia and trying to find the best way to get there without a car!! It looks quite difficult, but still hoping to give it a shot :) Hopefully someone has some advice about the best way to get there :)

Many thanks in advance :)

Kyle

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visit to Best Friends Sanctuary Utah 16th 17th July

Hi and welcome to the forum .

To get there from where?

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
18,681 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to Best Friends Sanctuary Utah 16th 17th July

Assuming you are flying into Vegas, you can get an airport shuttle to St. George. It's $55 round trip on St. George Express.

Then you can take Red Rock shuttle from St. George to Kanab. That's $150 each way.

www.redrockshuttle.com

It would be cheaper and easier to rent a car. Unless you are staying at Best Friends, you would need to get back and forth from there to Kanab each day also.

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to Best Friends Sanctuary Utah 16th 17th July

Hi :)

Wow thank you so much for the info :)

Umm either from LA or San Fransisco... i found a cheap flight to St George, so maybe fly there then shuttle to Kanab then figure it out hehe :) I would prefer to rent a car but we drive on the left hand side here and dont know if I can.

Thank you again!

Really appreciate it :)

Mentioned in this post
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,271 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit to Best Friends Sanctuary Utah 16th 17th July

Just a comment about the driving.

We've driven in both Australia and England, and what I found was that since the steering wheel is also on the other side of the car it is much easier to switch sides of the road than you think.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit to Best Friends Sanctuary Utah 16th 17th July

And you'll rent an automatic car. A car is best. There also are tons of places to see close to BF. It really is easy to drive from ST. George a/p to I15 through St. George.

Mentioned in this post
6. Re: Visit to Best Friends Sanctuary Utah 16th 17th July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, June 22, 2013