We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paria Outpost Experience

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
44 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Paria Outpost Experience

I just came back from Kanab and wanted to report on my experience with Paria Outpost. I had passes to South Coyote Buttes and was taking my 75 year old mother for her birthday. I had originally reserved a photography tour with Overland Canyon Tours, but the owner suddenly had his license yanked at the last minute. To his credit, he arranged for us to have a guided trip with Paria Outpost for that day. I arranged everything with Steve, and our guide for the day was Kurt. I can't rant and rave enough about what a great experience we had. Kurt is local, born and raised in Kanab, and he knows the backcountry inside and out. He was full of great stories and detailed geological information about the area. He is also a photographer, and I am just learning how to use the exact same camera he has, so he taught me all the basics, as well as gave me lots of great tips. Kurt was extremely accomodating and patient, arranging the trip so that my mom could complete the whole thing (about six miles of hiking total). Kurt went way above and beyond, however, when my camera battery started running down. When he found out that I had left my recharger back in San Diego, he swapped batteries with me so I could continue to take pictures for the next few days. Thanks to him, I have some wonderful photographs of the whole trip. I highly recommend Paria Outpost if you are in the area-you will see so much more than if you just drive it yourself.

Mentioned in this post
South Coyote Buttes
South Coyote Buttes
211 Reviews
Kanab, UT
San Diego
San Diego
California
Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paria Outpost Experience

Thanks for the report!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,271 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paria Outpost Experience

Glad it worked out for you. It would be great if you posted this as a review in the "things to do" section.

Edited: 9:12 pm, April 05, 2010
Alabama
Level Contributor
346 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paria Outpost Experience

SDtraveler, thank you so much for reporting on your experience. That is one of the options we are considering for an upcoming trip, and it's great to hear from someone with first-hand experience with an outfitter like this.

Santa Ana, CA
Level Contributor
3,320 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paria Outpost Experience

Here's a link to their website:

http://www.paria.com/

5. Re: Paria Outpost Experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 06, 2010