We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where can I use camping stove in Escalante?

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
506 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
where can I use camping stove in Escalante?

Hello,

I will travel with a camping stove so that I could cook some hot Asia food everyday.

I will arrive Escalante around 7:30pm. Where can I use the camping stove in my cooking? Is there picnic area in the town? Or can I use it in parking lot?

Thanks!

Edited: 4:10 am, May 18, 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,926 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where can I use camping stove in Escalante?

There is a park just a block off the Main Street. I'm not sure the directions but we found it fairly easily. There was a table there.

Level Contributor
4 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where can I use camping stove in Escalante?

The park is located at 100 North Center Street in Escalante (1 block North of Highway 12).

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
506 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where can I use camping stove in Escalante?

Hello Jeans and Taustin,

Thanks!

Escalante
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where can I use camping stove in Escalante?

You can use a camp stove at the park in town but they are not allowed on the pavilion's plastic coated tables. There are some painted wood tables away from the pavilion that would be suitable.

Enjoy your time in beautiful Escalante. Check out Marci Hoffman's natural food and mercantile next to the Post office for fresh organic veggies!

Roosevelt, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where can I use camping stove in Escalante?

Thanks for the update Beezy!

*Pixie*

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
506 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where can I use camping stove in Escalante?

Hello,

What can I do in the night when I stay at Escalante? Is there some interest bar or other recommended night-life?

Thanks!

Escalante
Level Contributor
6 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where can I use camping stove in Escalante?

The Circle D restaurant and the Outfitters have musicians form time to time and the Circle D has a sports bar area. There is also a walking tour pamphlet if you want to check out the local historic homes and architecture. Escalante is generally a quiet and peaceful town with the exception of the 24th celebration in July. We have parades, Bar-B-Que, festival at the park, rodeo and fireworks after dark. Its a great place for stargazing and evening walks.

8. Re: where can I use camping stove in Escalante?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 26, 2014