We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doing Peek-a-Boo and not Spooky Slot Canyons.

Which Escalante hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
444 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
Doing Peek-a-Boo and not Spooky Slot Canyons.

My family and I will be visiting the Escalante area in June. My husband and kids want to do Spooky Canyon along with Peek-a-Boo, but I'm a bit nervous about doing Spooky due to how tight the openings are. For this reason, I'm wondering if it's possible for me to just do Peek-a-Boo with my family and then go back to the car/hang out above ground while my family continues on and does Spooky? Would I be able to find my way back to my car/entrance to Peek-a-Boo above ground or would I have to turn around in the canyon and go back the way I came? I'm trying to figure out what the best way would be for my family and I to split off and meet back up again?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,250 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Doing Peek-a-Boo and not Spooky Slot Canyons.

If you go thru Peekaboo to the end, then cut across to the Dry Fork wash, you can wait there at the start of Spooky Gulch while you're family goes in and out. You can go into Spooky until you get uncomfortable, then just turn around and go back out. Then you can all hike out together.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
2,768 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doing Peek-a-Boo and not Spooky Slot Canyons.

Peekaboo has a little climb to get up to the start of the slot. You might want to see if you can negotiate the climb back down by yourself when you first start. Since you will be by yourself.

If they are going to do the full loop, you will return the same way you came in, while they will come into Spooky from the top. You could walk down the Dry Fork of the Coyote and meet them at the bottom end of Spooky as they come thru. Doing the full circle is a really cool adventure.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
444 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doing Peek-a-Boo and not Spooky Slot Canyons.

Great! Thank you both for your help!

4. Re: Doing Peek-a-Boo and not Spooky Slot Canyons.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 02, 2013