We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Star gazing at Bryce Canyon

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Star gazing at Bryce Canyon

Im trying to find out if assisted stargazing is available every night in Bryce - ie with an expert (Dark ranger). We shall only be there 1 night having driven from Las Vegas on morning of 19 Sept and then moving onto Zion for 2 nights on 20 Sept. All I can seem to find on the parks official sight is info about an astronomy festival which took place in June. As this is one of the highlights of our trip (from UK so not coming back again for a while) I'd really like to do it properly with someone who knows a thing or two. Similarly ive heard that viewing at sunrise is also recommended. Any advice on best way to do this please?? We need to cram in as much as we can into our short time there.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,125 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Star gazing at Bryce Canyon

No not every night.

In September there are programs Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.Scroll down the page for more info.

nps.gov/brca/…astronomyprograms.htm

Sunrise is nice to watch from the main amphiteater near the lodge. The rim trail is paved and there are several viewpoints along the way, like Sunrise and Sunset points.

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Star gazing at Bryce Canyon

Thank you very much for this info which is a great help. We will, unfortunately, miss out on a talk and tour but will hopefully be able to at least experience the beautiful night skies anyway.

3. Re: Star gazing at Bryce Canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:20 am, September 12, 2014
London
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Star gazing at Bryce Canyon

Many thanks Gars1958. I will download an app from the link you sent. That hadnt even occurred to me - technology is a wonderful thing most of the time isnt it!

5. Re: Star gazing at Bryce Canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 03, 2015