We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brian Head Lodging Recomendations

Henderson
1 post
Save Topic
Brian Head Lodging Recomendations

Me and a buddy are driving up from Vegas and looking for a decent place to stay for four days of skiing. Don't care about nightlife, just want four days relaxed skiing. Cedar Breaks is sold out so it's between Chalet Village and Brianwood condos. Any info on either place would be helpful. Are either ski in/out properties? How far of a walk to lifts? Any other recomendations would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Cedar Breaks Lodge
Cedar Breaks Lodge
426 Reviews
Brian Head, UT
Las Vegas...
Level Contributor
665 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brian Head Lodging Recomendations

We've never stayed at Brianwood, but a friend is an owner there and loves it. I believe he told me it's next to Giant Steps, but I'm not positive on that. If it is next to Giant Steps it very well may be a ski in/out. Sorry I can't be more helpful with that.

We have however stayed at Chalet Village with other friends who are owners at that property. Chalet Village is right across the road from Giant Steps. So, obviously it's not a ski in/out property. But it's a great location. They have an indoor hot tub, which is nice. The condos are nice and roomy and offer a wonderful view of the Giant Steps mountain.

You could walk to Giant Steps, however it's a bit of a walk and I wouldn't suggest it.

There is a shuttle that runs between the two ski areas, Giant Steps and Navajo. And there is a town bus that provides shuttle service from the resorts to the ski areas. But whether they drive up the hill to Chalet Village, you'd have to ask.

Copper Chase is another good condo, we've stayed there several times.

Another recommendation, bring your own food from Henderson, or buy it in Cedar City. There is a little country market at Brian Head, but it's more for those things that you may have forgotten and not for major grocery shopping. We also bring our own alcohol from Las Vegas.

Also a great stop for lunch or dinner in either St. George or Cedar City is the Pizza Factory. It's one of our favorites.

Have fun and I hope you'll have more snow than we had last weekend!

Mentioned in this post