We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip with teen boys/advice appreciated

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Trip with teen boys/advice appreciated

I have two teenage boys who love adventure. We are flying into Las Vegas and staying the night of the 3rd. On June 4th we will drive to Springdale and stay at the Desert Pearl in for 3 nights. The 5th I would really like to hike the Narrows. I would really like to try and get a permit to hike the Subway on June the 6th. I don't know if I will be that lucky but I plan on getting to the office early the day before. One June 7th we will hook up with a guide from the Zion Mountain School. The guide will take us for an overnight Canyoneering trip. That will last 2 days and then we plan on driving to Big Water, UT and stay in the Amangiri on June 8-9. Any advice in things to do in Big Water, UT. We will fly home on June the 10th. We went to Zion Three years ago and saw Angel's landing. If anyone has any advice on our itinerary would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
6,268 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip with teen boys/advice appreciated

Nice to see you have posted to the forum. Curious to know if you want to do the normal and common sites in Page(like antelope canyon, horseshoe bend, and glen canyon dam). ? maybe you would like to hire a tour or a guide for a more private experience here as well? I am pretty sure that all of the tour operators in the area are based in Kanab or Page.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
7,520 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip with teen boys/advice appreciated

Posted my thoughts in your Zion thread.

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,504 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip with teen boys/advice appreciated

Rent a ski boat and a tube.

Raft trip.

www.raftthecanyon.com

Wakeboard Park

www.antelopepointlakepowell.com

Helicopter ride to Tower Butte.

papillon.com/lake-powell-page/lake-powell-pa…

Reply to: Trip with teen boys/advice appreciated
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Big Water