We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ask me anything continued...

Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
Ask me anything continued...

Hey guys, I want to help all of you out so I hope this entry will work. Tripadvisor shut off the previous post because there was too much chat, ridiculous. I can't believe this site allows such awful things to be said about accommodations but we cannot converse about it. WOW!

Anyway, try not to chat too much. Just ask me anything about lodging if you need any advice. Thanks!

24 replies to this topic
Houston
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ask me anything continued...

Hi Wimberley Girl: We need a place for 3 nights. We need the bed to be in a separate room from the living area and kitchenette (so I can sleep while my early-bird husband makes his cup of tea and reads). I have it narrowed down to Southwind (Mariah cottage) or Serenity Inn (Love Song suite). Oh, I also want a panoramic hill country view from my patio/balcony and farm animals or deer (and a cat to pet) on the property. Plus lots of area for long exploring walks. Also considered Country Sun. I am leaning toward Southwind (the lowest cost) for the view and wildlife, but have concerns about it being too "rustic." I only found one review online for Southwind and it was positive but mostly abou the breakfast. Could you recommend Southwind? Or Serenity or Country Sun (no view or animals?) Thanks a bunch!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ask me anything continued...

Wimberleygirl has not responded in two years!!!

Houston
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ask me anything continued...

Hi, Felschurch. Thank you so much for writing. I guess I should have checked the dates. That was my first time posting a question--I've never really "chatted" before, I guess 'cos I'm old (55)! Although I did write a review after a trip I made through Trip Advisor. Anyway, I made my booking and feel good about it (glad to have made the decision after searching for 2 days!)

By the way, I love Fairhope, AL! We used to live in Baton Rouge and often travelled to The Grand hotel for vacations. We thought about retiring to the area, but during our last stay the AL governor ordered a mandatory evacuation south of I-10 and we packed up the left in the wee hours of the morning. We currently live in the storm surge mandatory evac zone of Houston (near Galveston Bay) and so we are searching "higher ground" like Wimberley and the Hill Country for a place to retire. But I did love those sunsets over Mobile Bay!

Thanks again for taking a minute to post a reply to my question. I appreciate the "closure."

Mentioned in this post
Fairhope
Fairhope
Alabama
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ask me anything continued...

You didn't like the governor's call?--ours came at 2;30 am as i recall. We love Fairhope but are moving to Tyler Tx to be with our grandchildren but need to sell our house first.

See you on the road dave

Mentioned in this post
Tyler
Tyler
Texas
Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ask me anything continued...

Hi-

We're moving to Wimberley in Dec. Do you know of any lodging that would be available for long term folks (3-6 mo?) I'm not sure if Wimberley has an 'off season,' but thought someone might have empty lodging that they would want to rent. Thanks for your help!

Houston
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Ask me anything continued...

Hi, It seems Wimberley Girl hasn't posted in 2 years. I was just there 2 weeks ago. I stayed at Southwind B&B. Probably not a Long-term option. A friend of mine uses Hill Country Lodging and recommends them. I'd say there are plenty of houses for sale and probably many lease options given the current economy. A realtor could probably help. Also the Visitor Center/Chamber of C. could probably help. Just curious, why are you moving to Wimberley?

Austin, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: Ask me anything continued...

My husband and I are going to a wedding at the St Marys Catholic Church on March 26th. We would like to have a nice romantic evening on the 25th. Is there anywhere you know of that we can stay for just one night? Most have a 2 night stay? Thanks kate@ktwmanagement.com

Houston
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Ask me anything continued...

Did you check Southwind B&B? The mariah cabin was nice & romantic and the host is the best!

Hurst
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Ask me anything continued...

We are planning a trip and thinking about Wimberly. It will be a Fri - Sun and five of us. Girl Trip. Any suggestions on what to do and where to stay. Time frame is mid May. Is there anything going out outdoors, festivals etc.

Midland, Texas...
Level Contributor
100 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Ask me anything continued...

going this weekend. staying at lazy rnr cove. how is the tubing and is the market days fun

Reply to: Ask me anything continued...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Wimberley